Unable to loose weight - Please help

Options
I am in a weird situation. I am 5.5' tall and weigh 64.4kgs. I started regularly exercising about a month back. Now i exercise 4-5 days a week and still do not loose any weight. Infact i managed to loose 1kg almost 15days into the exercising routine and then again today when i weighed myself (one month later) at the gym, i weighed 64.4kgs. I eat about 1200 calories on days i dont exercise and usually eat back my exercise calories when i do. I eat 3 meals with handful of nuts in the morning / evening.

Can someone please help me out with this? How come i am not loosing any weight at all? This is killing me.... :cry:

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1) open your diary
    2) do you weigh everything?
    3) how do you estimate your exercise calories?
  • Lauriesdelight64
    Options
    I eat three meals a day too but they say on fitnesspal I am not consuming ENOUGH calories and that my body will hold on to the food that I do eat as a result...Hope this helps...I guess we need to eat enough calories of the RIGHT foods to lose
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself on the same set of scales at the same time of day each time?
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 5in and weigh 67 kilos and I'm on maintenance - all my parameters are on 'healthy' in terms of weight, body fat etc - so maybe you are at a really good weight for you and you don't need to lose weight? The closer you are to a goal weight the harder it is to lose - but sounds to me like you maybe just need to tone rather than lose pounds? Exercising is good for you though, so stick with it.
  • fotoula242
    fotoula242 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation as you. I am 5' and weight 134 lbs. In the past 2 weeks I have lost only 1 pound. I am frustrated, just like you. I do a 1hour walk/jog, that burns 481 calories once a week. The other 3 days, I either walk for about an 1 hour, ride a stationary bike for 1/2 hour or do weights. I'm obviously doing something wrong.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    probably not eating enough.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have found that MFP food counts are sometimes so off you really don't get an accurate count unless you log all your own food in. Because I don't have time to do that very often, I keep my calorie intake at 1200 calories and don't eat my exercise calories back. I tried upping my calories to 1400 and stayed the same weight for a month and a half. I dropped back down to 1200 (this is all according to MFP's counts) and I started dropping back at the rate I was before upping the calories. What I am thinking is at 1200 calories per MFP, I am probably eating a few hundred more because I am not getting accurate totals on the food I choose from the database, therefore not starving myself and still losing.

Does that make any sense?
  • techcat10
    techcat10 Posts: 15
    Options
    1) open your diary
    2) do you weigh everything?
    3) how do you estimate your exercise calories?

Yes i weigh everything i eat/drink. Exercise i estimate mostly based on MFP data. The exercise routine i follow is more on the lines of Jillian Micheals so very tough for me to arrive at an exact.
  • techcat10
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself on the same set of scales at the same time of day each time?

Yes mostly in the morning
  • techcat10
    Options
    I am 5ft 5in and weigh 67 kilos and I'm on maintenance - all my parameters are on 'healthy' in terms of weight, body fat etc - so maybe you are at a really good weight for you and you don't need to lose weight? The closer you are to a goal weight the harder it is to lose - but sounds to me like you maybe just need to tone rather than lose pounds? Exercising is good for you though, so stick with it.

Is it really true that if we are at the right weight, we will not loose pounds? That would really make me feel so good. And yes, i surely do need to tone... ALOT!
  • techcat10
    Options
    Yes... just cant figure out what is WRONG!