New and looking for a motivational exercise buddy

Options
Hi everyone. Im a 32 yr old SAHM to 3 young children looking to lose 20 or so pounds. Im tall and not considered overweight but I have alot more fat that muscle. I am hoping to find an online workout buddy so we can keep each other motivated and on the ball. I joined a similar site a few months ago, started counting calories and losing inches just to find that no one would ever reply to my posts and I slowly stopped visiting the site and counting calories. Now I want to get back in the swing of things so I can be confident next summer with a swimsuit on. I hope to make some new friends here.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome! I have been here about 2 weeks and lost 2 pounds. I love the support from other members. Feel free to add me if you want. We can do this!
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    You can add me :) I am a 24 year old stay at home mom to two. I am looking to lose about 50 pounds but would be happy with 35 as of right now. I was working out for a few months but then I drifted and just got back in about two weeks ago,
  • divatira
    Options
    Hi my name is Tira I would love to be your workout buddy.
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You joined the right one here. The people are great! Welcome & feel free to be friends if you like...
  • igot3
    igot3 Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow you all are fast!! Thank you for the lovely welcome. Im looking for someone who would be interested in swapping messages, keeping each other motivated, you know "Hey I did my 30 min cardio, did you??" I also have FB so keping in touch that way works too.... those darn FB games should be blaimed for my weight gain hehe Im new so I dont know how all this works so please send me a personal message with more about yourself.