Back on Board...

Options
Well, you'd think the summer would be the ideal time to get your butt into gear, but I did just the opposite and haven't done anything productive in the weight-loss department since June! My summer hours played a big part in that, but it's still no excuse to not do *anything* for over two months! But...that's neither here nor there. As of tomorrow, I'm back in. I'll do an official weigh in, though I know I have gained back some of what I lost. Of course, my daydreams involve being more fit and healthy by next summer so when I go back to ten/eleven hour shifts again, I'll actually have energy to at least do enough to maintain all the work I intend to put in starting tomorrow! We'll see. It can happen if I make it happen, agree?

Anyone else slack off over the summer? I'm excited that the weather is getting a bit cooler. That's something else I daydream about. Does the heat affect you the same or less if you weigh less? I imagine that outdoor activities would be a lot more pleasant when your shorts aren't riding up your thighs and your elastic isn't digging in your belly and it generally takes less effort to move. I could be wrong...I'm certainly not there yet, but that is what I imagine when I see these super fit people running like it ain't no thing when it's nearly 100 degrees outside! Has anyone been through that? Any huge difference? Well, happy Tuesday to all! Toodles!

Replies

• needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm having that summer, too! I was in a moderate state of denial until I put on a previously loose pair of shorts. The shorts are tight today. :noway:

The kids will all be back in school this week. I'm hoping that our pre-summer routine will help me to get back on track, too!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I LOVE seeing posts commenting on how it is too hot to want to be active. I live in Calgary, Alberta and this is the only time of the year that I can do any outdoor activities. I work indoors Monday to Friday so every other available moment Im outside, either walking or gardening from April to October only. The remaining months are just too cold for me to want to go outside never mind do anything physical!
    We built a HUGE veggy garden a number of years ago but due to our winters we can't plant anything until late May, then it all dies due to nighttime frost by about mid October . . . so a measly 4 (or 4 1/2) months of my favorite hobby!
    Since this is the few "precious" months I look forward to I find that Im VERY active in summer, I tend to suffer in winter trying to be as active indoors. We tend to go to the biggest mall and speedwalk each level . . . which would work well for heat too!
  • ehwilson30
    ehwilson30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been there! Thinking, "it's not that bad" until I try on clothing that says otherwise!:grumble: But at least your trying again...glad your back!:smile:
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Oh to live somewhere where I could complain about the heat!!! I live in England and despite it being supposedly the height of Summer, it's cold, windy and raining.:frown:
    However I have just come back from a two week holiday in Egypt where it was 42 degrees so I shouldn't really complain. But we went to an all-inclusive hotel and it didn't do my healthy eating plan any good at all.
    Now I'm back in cold miserable England, I am striving to get back in shape so I can be one of the skinny ladies in a bikini on next summer's holiday, rather than the fatty in a swimsuit and sarong to hide the bulges...