The Grand MFP Global Race

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
One of my American friends said the other day she wished she could go running with me. That got me thinking, why not? Even if it's only virtually.

One weekend , we could set a time that's morning in North America and afternoon in Europe (and night-time in Asia-Pacific, but it might be a bit dark and/or cold!) and all set out to run, walk, bike, ski, skate, row, swim... whatever you choose, for half an hour, then report back, ideally with photos.

It'd probably beat some Guinness world record!

Who'd be up for that?

Replies

• SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm down for that!! Pretty cool idea :)
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Count me in and I will try me best to make my schedule work:-)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    tagging! :)
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    yep
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    One of my American friends said the other day she wished she could go running with me. That got me thinking, why not? Even if it's only virtually.

One weekend , we could set a time that's morning in North America and afternoon in Europe (and night-time in Asia-Pacific, but it might be a bit dark and/or cold!) and all set out to run, walk, bike, ski, skate, row, swim... whatever you choose, for half an hour, then report back, ideally with photos.

It'd probably beat some Guinness world record!

Who'd be up for that?

Berry so glad we're friends...that sounds awesome-sauce to me...let me know when, I'm there
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it :smile:
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • BerryH
    Options
    As a first stab how would the weekend of 13/14 July suit everyone? Would you prefer a Saturday or Sunday?

I believe US times span between 5 to 8 hours behind UK time, and continental Europe is up to 2 hours ahead.

So something like 4pm UK time would be 8am Pacific Time, 11am Eastern Time and 5pm in central Europe. Would that work?

It would be midnight to 3am in Australia, sorry!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    As a first stab how would the weekend of 13/14 July suit everyone? Would you prefer a Saturday or Sunday?

I believe US times span between 5 to 8 hours behind UK time, and continental Europe is up to 2 hours ahead.

So something like 4pm UK time would be 8am Pacific Time, 11am Eastern Time and 5pm in central Europe. Would that work?

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but depending on the weather, I might have to sneak a head start. :wink:

Edit: I just came back from a run around 11am, and it's already made me loopy enough that I forgot how to quote.
  • Walking2Health
    Walking2Health Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This would be awesome! Count me in!
  • Walking2Health
    Walking2Health Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I would prefer Saturday :)
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    OMG, I totally LOVE that idea... let's do it. I'm putting YOU in charge ;)
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options

Sounds great to me I'm in Saturday is my fav but Sunday works too! That will be 8am my time!
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Brilliant!!
  • BerryH
    Options
    OK, Saturday 13 July is looking like the best day. I'm excited!