Reality check

Options
Went to the doctor today and got a reality check about my weight. I have a whole lot of weight to lose and really need some support.
thank you!

Replies

• Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit of weight to lose myself. The best advice I can give you is to be patient; You didn't gain the weight overnight, and you aren't going to lose it overnight either. And don't beat yourself up over making a mistake...This is a learning experience. I'm here every day and try to help my friends as best I can. Feel free to add me! :)

Best of luck on your journey!

Amanda
  • WickedKittenLove
    WickedKittenLove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    By joining this site and at least attempting to start on the right path, you deserve a pat on the back. I agree with clovergirl, over all it can be though and there will be setbacks. We just need to keep faith or hope close and out stubborn our stubborn bodies. Good luck!!
  • msimswil
    msimswil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As they've said above - take it one day at a time. You've made a fantastic step forward by joining MFP and opening up.

Now... don't lose sight of your goal. Ever.
  • petkova
    petkova Posts: 72
    Options
    You should feel proud of yourself for wanting to be healthy and fit :)
    Search around and read through the nutrition and exercise forums and you will find not only a lot of good info, but motivation too :)
    ... and most important of all, find friends with similar goals that you cna relate to.. as long as you are honest with them they will pull you through this :)

Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • orygunred
    orygunred Posts: 20
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like. I'd like to offer you all the support I can. -AJ
  • For_A_Better_Me
    For_A_Better_Me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's how I felt (and still feel) on June 14th. Seeing that scale go over 400 was not something I ever wanted to see, nor am I proud of. I would love to work together and provide support for each other in our weight loss journey! I want to loose the weight overnight, but I know the doc tells me "slow and steady wins the race". Lol.
  • phrendlynut
    phrendlynut Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way not to long ago. I had bloodwork done and when I went back for the labs I was shocked. Not because I was unhealthy but because everything about me was working perfectly normal. I was kind of hoping to have a thyroid issue. It would explain a bit of my weight and take the responsibility off me. Not the case. So I'm here busting my but to get healthy.

If you'd like to add me as a friend please do. :)
  • For_A_Better_Me
    For_A_Better_Me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too. I had my thyroid tested thinking the same thing...that it wasn't ME that was the problem, but the THYROID. Boy was I wrong....the problem is ME and the only person who can change that: ME. I need to remember that. But I also can't do it by myself, so the support here on MFP is great!!