Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your go to munchie killer?

I have days where I just want to eat. I'm sure I'm full, but the constant urge is there to graze. What is your "munchies killer"? My go to food is usually a banana sometimes with peanut butter. It gives me the super full feeling that I guess I think I need. Just wondered if there were better choices out there.

Replies

• exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Baby Dill Pickles! They're the best! 4 calories each, so you are practically burning the calories off just by eating them lol. They're salty, sweet and have a crunch. Perfect snack
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    air-popped popcorn (not really air-popped, but popped from "real" popcorn in the microwave using a "special" popcorn popping bowl - no salt and no added fat.)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    I'll usually go for a watery fruit like watermelon, grapes, or strawberries.
  • mfreeman0921
    mfreeman0921 Posts: 51 Member
    Greek yogurt!
  • NettyBird16
    NettyBird16 Posts: 6 Member
    3 Large Radish - Eat slowly, crunch and taste kill your craving!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    I spent some time online yesterday researching natural appetite suppressants. I didn't want to take a pill or some "herbal remedy" - in my experience they don't help. Some of the recommended foods included apples, avocados, almonds and green tea. Right now I'm snacking on an apple with powdered peanut butter (85% less fat!). I brought some almonds for this afternoon. I hope this keeps me from bingeing when I get home from work!
  • Greek Yogurt, Boiled Egg, Peanut butter or nuts (not to many)

Protein helps make you feel full.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Scrambled eggs or oatmeal, depending on my mood.
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    I usually drink some milk or water, and then chew on some tic tacs! That almost always stops my munchie urges!
  • flobag83
    flobag83 Posts: 23 Member
    Baby Dill Pickles! They're the best! 4 calories each, so you are practically burning the calories off just by eating them lol. They're salty, sweet and have a crunch. Perfect snack

^ me too! Pickles! I also find that it curbs my usual salty cravings!

Almonds are also a great munchie killer but they're a little high in fats. good fats though :/
  • CaHusker
    CaHusker Posts: 21
    My home made Kale Chips baked in the oven with Pam and a touch of sea salt. Like eating potato chips without the fat
  • I use any kind of melon. High water content and very low calories. So you can eat as much as you feel like and not ruin your day. A whole cantaloupe only has like 200 calories, depending on size.
  • Cainster13
    Cainster13 Posts: 12 Member
    i like to graze on almonds and raisins...ialso like fruit salads ,i think i eat when im bored so preparing the salad gives me something to do aswell :)
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Celery and pb2 have been working for me lately. If I have a sweet tooth I usually go for a sugar free posicle, only 20 cal each. Sugar free jello is also good, only 5 calories each!
  • DenverGirl93
    DenverGirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    I love 1 good piece of a dark chocolate square or even a truffle occasionally. that normally knocks out any cravings or munching. for me.
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    If its a salty craving, those small rice chips in salt in vinegar or dill pickle
    If its a sweet craving, either a fat free fudgsicle or sugar free jello with frozen light cool whip mmmmm...and am always down for the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches.
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Whole Wheat Pita Bread.

Filling, great fiber/protein and 80 calories each.