What is your go to munchie killer?

Options
I have days where I just want to eat. I'm sure I'm full, but the constant urge is there to graze. What is your "munchies killer"? My go to food is usually a banana sometimes with peanut butter. It gives me the super full feeling that I guess I think I need. Just wondered if there were better choices out there.

Replies

• exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Baby Dill Pickles! They're the best! 4 calories each, so you are practically burning the calories off just by eating them lol. They're salty, sweet and have a crunch. Perfect snack
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    air-popped popcorn (not really air-popped, but popped from "real" popcorn in the microwave using a "special" popcorn popping bowl - no salt and no added fat.)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'll usually go for a watery fruit like watermelon, grapes, or strawberries.
  • mfreeman0921
    mfreeman0921 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt!
  • NettyBird16
    NettyBird16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 Large Radish - Eat slowly, crunch and taste kill your craving!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I spent some time online yesterday researching natural appetite suppressants. I didn't want to take a pill or some "herbal remedy" - in my experience they don't help. Some of the recommended foods included apples, avocados, almonds and green tea. Right now I'm snacking on an apple with powdered peanut butter (85% less fat!). I brought some almonds for this afternoon. I hope this keeps me from bingeing when I get home from work!
  • lesliew1968
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Boiled Egg, Peanut butter or nuts (not to many)

Protein helps make you feel full.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs or oatmeal, depending on my mood.
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually drink some milk or water, and then chew on some tic tacs! That almost always stops my munchie urges!
  • flobag83
    flobag83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Baby Dill Pickles! They're the best! 4 calories each, so you are practically burning the calories off just by eating them lol. They're salty, sweet and have a crunch. Perfect snack

^ me too! Pickles! I also find that it curbs my usual salty cravings!

Almonds are also a great munchie killer but they're a little high in fats. good fats though :/
  • CaHusker
    CaHusker Posts: 21
    Options
    My home made Kale Chips baked in the oven with Pam and a touch of sea salt. Like eating potato chips without the fat
  • imaloverkayla
    Options
    I use any kind of melon. High water content and very low calories. So you can eat as much as you feel like and not ruin your day. A whole cantaloupe only has like 200 calories, depending on size.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Celery and pb2 have been working for me lately. If I have a sweet tooth I usually go for a sugar free posicle, only 20 cal each. Sugar free jello is also good, only 5 calories each!
  • Cainster13
    Cainster13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i like to graze on almonds and raisins...ialso like fruit salads ,i think i eat when im bored so preparing the salad gives me something to do aswell :)
  • DenverGirl93
    DenverGirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love 1 good piece of a dark chocolate square or even a truffle occasionally. that normally knocks out any cravings or munching. for me.
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If its a salty craving, those small rice chips in salt in vinegar or dill pickle
    If its a sweet craving, either a fat free fudgsicle or sugar free jello with frozen light cool whip mmmmm...and am always down for the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches.
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat Pita Bread.

Filling, great fiber/protein and 80 calories each.