Hello from Sheffield

Options
Hi there,
My names Ellen and I'm new here.. I'm hoping to she'd some weight that I have put on after a couple of really rough years. I suffer from depression on and off and currently I'm feeling pretty down. I have been to see my gp today and after a long discussion and working out my bmi (31 I'm 5"4' and 13st) agreed that my weight could be partly what's wrong with me (no motivation, down, bad knees etc). I used to be a lovely size 8/10 and although I know I'm never going to be a size 8 again is be overjoyed to be a 10/12 :). The doc has prescribed me orlistat 120mg with a review after 1 month. I currently do 1-2 hours walking the dogs per day and try to eat fairly healthily (coca cola been my deamon!). I've read a few posts on here and you all seem a lovely bunch :), I just wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks,
Ellen :)

Replies

• blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Woohooo! Def Leppard! :glasses: :drinker: Welcome. You can do this, and you will feel better with a bit of weight off. I know I do.
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! There aren't that many Brits, and time differences with American friends can sometimes be tricky!
  • mshigginbottom
    mshigginbottom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :) Simon I have added you as a friend, thanks x
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello from sheffield also, feel free to add me
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A very warm welcome Ellen - Im in Rotherham :flowerforyou:
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellen, welcome! Im from Sheffield too, feel free to add me! I hope you have a good time on here, people are very supportive and encouraging.
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey there another one from Sheffield here if u wanna add :D
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Another sheffield lass, your welcome to add me aswell as anyone else :)
  • starryskies_16
    starryskies_16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I'm based in Leeds, but feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • jadawimali
    Options
    hello, another sheffield lass here although i now live in west yorkshire feel free to add me as a friend. xx
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Sheffield too! :3 I'm 18 and my BMI was 30.7 (14stone) when I started, I'm 5'6/7 and I've lost 43lbs so far (Now 10st 13lbs). My goal is around 135-140lbs. I'll add you as a friend and I'm quite a good motivator :) good luck with your weight loss! :) x