164 calorie !regular size! vanilla cupcake (4.6g fat!)

Options
ShellyLee
ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
****This does not include whatever topping you decide to put on it.*****
So I did some looking online and most of the cupcakes I found were 300+ calories and 10+ grams of fat!!

If you wanna give yourself a treat. I'm mostly a cake person who doesn't like regular frosting (yeah I'm weird) so I can eat them plain. I made them today and my hubby can't even tell the difference! And I'm sure many of you could make substitutions to make this recipe even better!!
I'm going to enter it under Shelly's Vanilla Cupcake.
Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups. In a small bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients until well combined.

In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add half of the flour mixture, stir, pour in buttermilk, stir, and then add the remaining flour. Stir until well combined.

Distribute evenly in muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.

Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.

Enjoy!

The nutrition stats:
12 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 164.3
Total Fat 4.6 g
Saturated Fat 2.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 28.7 mg
Sodium 175.4 mg
Potassium 52.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 2.7 g
Vitamin A 3.0 %
Vitamin B-12 1.6 %
Vitamin B-6 1.0 %
Vitamin C 0.3 %
Vitamin D 1.2 %
Vitamin E 0.7 %
Calcium 4.0 %
Copper 1.2 %
Folate 7.1 %
Iron 4.1 %
Magnesium 1.5 %
Manganese 4.8 %
Niacin 4.2 %
Pantothenic Acid 1.7 %
Phosphorus 4.6 %
Riboflavin 7.4 %
Selenium 9.3 %
Thiamin 7.9 %
Zinc 1.6 %

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    ...I love you. :) Hahaha. Thanks!
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the cake and cupcakes made with a diet soft drnk? It is a WW recipe. Take any flavor cake mix and add a diet soft drink, flavor of your choice. They say to use the dark drinks with chocolate cake and the lighter drinks with the white cakes. Do not add any other ingerdents....just the mix and the drink. They are very moist and don't need icing at all. To figure the caloreis, just take the calories for the enite cake mox and dvide by the number of pices or cupcakes you have. I have also added a can of pumpkin to a spice cake or a carrot cake. It is delicious also. Again, no other ingredients. But pumpkin might be hard to find this time of year.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the cake and cupcakes made with a diet soft drnk? It is a WW recipe. Take any flavor cake mix and add a diet soft drink, flavor of your choice. They say to use the dark drinks with chocolate cake and the lighter drinks with the white cakes. Do not add any other ingerdents....just the mix and the drink. They are very moist and don't need icing at all. To figure the caloreis, just take the calories for the enite cake mox and dvide by the number of pices or cupcakes you have. I have also added a can of pumpkin to a spice cake or a carrot cake. It is delicious also. Again, no other ingredients. But pumpkin might be hard to find this time of year.

I don't keep box cake mixes in the house most of the time. It's rare that I don't make my baked good from scratch, but will keep this in mind. :o)
  • liannac
    liannac Posts: 4
    Options
    those look great! i will definitely try it out some day soon! (: thanks!

chris- i heard of that before and completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. i never tried it but it sounds good and i'll try it as well, thanks a lot! (:
  • dewslim
    dewslim Posts: 5 Member
    Options

How much diet soda do you add?