Hi new here A mommy trying to lose back to back baby weigh

Options
Started calorie counting seven days ago. Liking that I can eat yummy healthy food without having to purchase foods/drinks. Stared going on 30 min walks and now starting step cardio.

Happy about this change. I have a 31 month old and a 10 month old and I gained about 40 lbs. Time to be young fit and fab again. Would love any suggestions of great easy to follow step DVDs Havent steped on a scale yet nit ready for the numbers but I know I lost 2 inches off my waist. Whoohoo. God give us the strength.

Replies

• mrslaxton
    mrslaxton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom, too! I have an 18 month old daughter, and a 3 month old daughter.

I just hit my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have 60lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

Good luck on your journey, you can do it!
  • sarawaugh
    Options
    Good luck! It sounds like you have a great start and you should be commended for doing so well with 2 small children, I know its hard but its worth it!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 as well! A 3.5 year old and one that's just a few days shy of her first birthday! I'm finally back at pre-first-pregnancy weight(just barely) but have another 35ish pounds to go! It is very hard with two kids, but I've realized that the more fit I feel, the more I can do on less sleep, LOL! So I try to work out after the kids are in bed, or hop on the bike with the kids in the trailer every day!

We can do it!!!
  • lbccprincess
    Options
    Good for you! I am a new mommy - my girlie is 6 months old now and I still have 7 more lbs to shed of baby weight and then I want to lose another 20 after that... just to be healthier.

I have no work out advise, I just have tried to up the fruits and veggies and lean meats and minimize the bread and rice and tortilla type things and stay away from soda and juice most of the time and keep the calories at about 1200. and I did lose 6 lbs in one week! So I don't know how this week will go but hopefully fine! =)
  • DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Options
    Im a new mommy toodo to a 6 week old. Got about 15 lbs left to lose. I turbokick and about to start insanity for my at home workouts. They are great!
  • babydaisy83
    babydaisy83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm eating less then the suggested calories is that ok? I find myself full and I would be over eating if I tried to reach the calorie goal they set for me
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in the same boat. I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old. I have about 20 pounds to lose, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm very frustrated by it. Glad to hear other people are with me. I'm brand new to MFP also.
  • babydaisy83
    babydaisy83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We can do this. Slowly but surely. My midwife says it took 9 months to put on the weight so take ur time. So I figure I have 18 months for two kids. Lol.
  • missbehavingbailey
    Options
    Hi, I also have a toddler of 2 1/2 and baby of 5 months (but came 2 months premature!). I'm totally determined to lose all the baby weight and more. Good luck ladies...... I'm with ya x

1866777.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods