Struggling with sugar

Options
Hi all,

Just started up again using MFP after a while away

I've noticed on my diary that where most of my daily intakes are around the recommended level, my sugar intake is generally miles above what it should be.

It makes me wonder if the sugar levels are stopping me from losing the weight I want to, it's very frustrating

I think bananas are one of my downfalls, as well as a nightly hot chocolate.

I cook fresh food as much as possible, but with the work I do this isn't always practical.

It's amazing how many foods you think of as being good for you are high in sugar! Lol!

Can anyone give me any help as to where I'm going wrong?

Replies

• roxo89
    roxo89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find I am always above in sugar. As far as I'm around my calorie goal I just ignore it. It's because I can't say no to chocolate. But I been eating with more control than I used to. Lost 2kg in 25 days and still going :)

Oh and I don't bother about sugar from fruits. Its more healthy that regular sugar for sure. Just watch out the total cals.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just started up again using MFP after a while away

I've noticed on my diary that where most of my daily intakes are around the recommended level, my sugar intake is generally miles above what it should be.

It makes me wonder if the sugar levels are stopping me from losing the weight I want to, it's very frustrating

I think bananas are one of my downfalls, as well as a nightly hot chocolate.

I cook fresh food as much as possible, but with the work I do this isn't always practical.

It's amazing how many foods you think of as being good for you are high in sugar! Lol!

Can anyone give me any help as to where I'm going wrong?

I doubt that a banana is going to do you harm, its got to be something else. I dont know what else you are eating, but usually processed food is gonna do you in. I mean I can go out and buy a salad and I think im eating healthy, but they add in a lot of sugars and/or sodium, you'd be shocked. But you say you are cooking your own food. If its processed food, then that may be it. if its food that is like from the fruit and veg section of the store, or the meat counter, or the dairy, (the perimeter of the store) it is safer. I also dont rely on those stupid "diet" tv dinners, not worth the ingredients to eat.

I mean I upped my sugar allotted on the MFP because i was always going over, but my way of eating is 3 fruits a day, and i had to manually change that number from 60 to 90, because fruit is what I am to eat. as long as I dont eat out more than once a day, i seem to lose weight. but the other week I ate about 4 meals out and I gained.
  • bryn10
    bryn10 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am having a similar problem! It seems like I go over every day. Today for instance, the two things that really did me in were grapes and a protein shake. At least it's not coming from worse foods, but it's still frustrating. I'm hitting most of my macros and my daily calorie goal, but I'm always over on sugar.
  • KatieScarle77
    Options
    Good to know the fruit isn't that bad, I can't resist it!

I occassionally have the tv dinners when I'm at work, I work away from home and only have a microwave. But thats only once or twice a week if that.

Maybe it's not the sugars thats causing me the problem then, just seems stange thats the only thing I ever go way over on.

Guess I need to really look at other aspects to see where I'm going wrong! Lol