C25K Day 1

Options

Replies

• saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm starting today after work. A little scared! I smoke so this should be interesting...hopefully make me want to quit! If you want send me a friend request and we can support each other.
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Do it, brother! Woot!
  • larissaferraz
    Options
    Do you turn them on at the exact same time?
  • larissaferraz
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of week 3 last night and that was a tough, but honestly it gets easier. When I used to be 183 Lbs. I could barely walk one mile without breaking a sweat and almost pass out. Now 31 Lbs. lighter I jog faster, for longer and I enjoy it.
    I use the C25k with my RunKeeper app at the same time so I know the time and my pace.

I do the same thing with C25K and runkeeper. Works great.
    Do you turn them on at the exact same time?
  • deslaine
    deslaine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi , I actually started C25k today as well! I was impress that I lasted for 20 minutes(lol) my goal is to run my 1st 5k in September. Good luck on your journey????
  • sbandjh
    sbandjh Posts: 17
    Options
    C25K is a great tool, I started 4 weeks ago and have noticed my endurance just climbing. Good luck to you!!!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    well done. running is always just two quick steps away.
  • MiawMiawMiaw
    MiawMiawMiaw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I started this Monday and did another run today. It's hard but totally worth it and I can't wait to be running 5km three times a week! Eeeep excited!

Feel free to add me if you want to sweat your way through it together =)
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV, what an inspiration you are, keep us informed on your journey, i just love success stories and BTW congratulations on your weigh loss!!"

Cheers!
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am not going to have my Concept 2 rowing machine for 8 weeks - so I am going to give this c25K a go...hope my poor old knee not going to suffer as my main exercise (rowing) is a not impact exercise...:ohwell:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Really? I thought the opposite! I did day 1 yesterday thinking it would be easy... but wow. How can I have trouble jogging for 1 minute?? lol :laugh: I'm so not a runner....
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 day 3 - done! Its great isn't it?
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That is such a great program. I began my journey in October of 09 and started the C25K program. I am STILL a RUNNER!!! That app truly worked for me and so many others I've heard from along the way. Very proud of you for taking the first step. You can do it!!
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i tried to search for it on my phone and there were 3-4 of the apps with the same name and different developers .... so exactly which one do i need?

Zen-Labs is the best one, i think. You can also use the Pandora app in the background while you are doing the C25K app - that's what I do!

Thank You
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great Job! This is very motivating!
  • robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today I'm at second week day 3 . Congrats for starting is so rewarding :smile:

I am on the second week day 2 today. I love it!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV, what an inspiration you are, keep us informed on your journey, i just love success stories and BTW congratulations on your weigh loss!!"

Cheers!

Thank you!

I just noticed this is a 3 day a week thing.. Im guessing I should not do day 2 tomorrow??
  • chellie346
    chellie346 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for posting. I just downloaded the app and am starting tomorrow.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 3 day 2 tonight......I too am so excited that I can do it! Congrats on your day one! (And its designed to have rest days, so every other day)
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I always had knee problems with running, but since i started the strength training in conjunction with c25k i havent had a problem. Up to week 5 and so far so good. Usually 1-2 sessions of running would do me in. Good luck x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!