Wonton wrapper uses?

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 21 in Recipes
I bought a package of wonton wrappers to use for dinner tonight. I used the amount that I needed and I still have a bazillion left! What are some good, quick ideas for wonton wrappers?

Replies

• cream cheese and crab meat yummmm
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    My mother in-law has used them in lasagna and she has also used them for the noodles in her chicken and dumplings.
  • or gound beef mushrooms diced onion,garlic, yellow -orange bell peppers mix it up make lil balls on wrappers fry em dip em in soy ginger sauce, hot mustard or sweet and sour!!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Press them into greased mini muffin pans and bake to make little tart shells which you can fill with salsa, or fruit & yogurt, or something else healthy & yummy.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    If you can't use them all - Freeze them in portion sizes. They freeze great and thaw very quickly when you need them.
  • oh yea thats right healthy, i got carried away
  • they are awesome to use with ceviche instead of chips
  • AlainaQueen
    AlainaQueen Posts: 1 Member
    I like to make savory fried won-tons. For the filling, cook up a pound of hamburger and add some shredded cheese and a can of mushroom soup. Add a couple tablespoons of sour cream if desired. Put a tablespoon or so of the filling into a won-ton, wet the edges and fold to seal it. Cook in a fryer until golden brown, or in the oven for 10 minutes at around 350 degrees. They taste much better when fried rather than baked.

This isn't a very healthy recipe, but it's rather yummy. :-)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Freezing's great.

Also, they make great samosa wrappers. Or you could make shu mai? (Steamed dumplings.... yumm!!) There's a great recipe from cooking light for vietnamese dumplings-- lots of vegetables with spicy chili sauce....

Okay, I just drooled a little.... I'm off to the store to get wonton wrappers!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    I make ravioli out of them. You can fill them with just about anything brush them with a little egg wash around the edges to help make them stick together. You can either make large ravioli by using two (although if they aren't sealed well the may fall apart) or you can fold them into a triangle shape after you fill them. Just be careful not to overfill as they will break apart.

An easy filling: saute onions, garlic, mushrooms until heated through add some fresh parsley and a can of white beans that have been drained and toss. Put mixture into a food processor to puree. Add filling to wrappers. Put into boiling water until done.
This discussion has been closed.