Just Getting Started

Options
Hey there! My co-worker just introduced me to this site and as a 2-year veteran of Weight Watchers I'm always looking for a fresh way to lose those pounds and make exercise fun so I'm excited about this! I never use message boards or blogs or anything like that so that will be a new experience also.

I started Weight Watchers two years ago at 240 pounds. I managed to lose 56 of those pounds but the chaos of planning a wedding and going on a honeymoon provided a good excuse to put about 14 of them back on :) But as of July 17th I'm happily a Mrs. and there are no more excuses! I'm starting here with you all at 194 pounds. I've always struggled with my weight and my goal is to someday be able to run a marathon and wear a size 8 pair of jeans! I'm almost six feet tall so for me that seems like a tiny size!

I'm also excited to focus more on the fitness aspect of losing weight rather than just diets. Being physically fit is a completely foreign concept to me so it will be an exciting and totally new journey!

Replies

• Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    First off, CONGRATULATIONS on BOTH, your weight loss and of your marriage. :) And welcome to MFP... I am sure those extra lbs will come off in no time. :smile:
  • txtree50
    txtree50 Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome and just take it one day at a time. You will LOVE that you can eat what you want and just plug everything in . Some days you see what you are eating and make little changes that will make a big difference one day at a time. It didn't take 1 day to gain all your weight so just take it one step at a time. There are so many people on here that will support ya.
  • GULLETT
    GULLETT Posts: 7
    Options
    This site is an awsome first step!!!!...I'm amazed at how supportive everyone is..any questions you hav.....someone has an answer....it's great.....i'm a newby @ this as well....only been on here 10 days or so, but i'm already down 3 pounds......just remember.....you gotta exercise...no matter how small....every littly bit makes a difference.....you';re gonna do phenomenal....friend me if you want.....good luck and this is the first step to healthy living!!!!
  • sunnyfl
    sunnyfl Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just signed on today. I am impressed that there is an iphome app as that makes it very easy for me to track things. Just completed my first day of food entries and found that I am about 300 calories short of my goal. That is my biggest problem. Getting all the food in! That is why my metabolism hates me! :) Looking forward to positive things!