Breakup?

Options

Replies

• highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    He told me he didn't want another child. I then realised the only reason I was still married to him was for another child. Whoops. Six months after we separated guess who wanted another child? Too bad I couldn't go back to being in denial.
  • Baseballfan158
    Options
    My ex was very negative person and eventually come to find she was embarrassed I was around her. And it was long distance
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    He didn't want me anymore because I was too responsible. No, really.

- I got my first job and paid for anything fun. He sat on his *kitten* and played video games, complaining that I'm gone too much.
    - I went to school every day. He dropped out after his 2nd year as a Senior.
    - I didn't smoke or drink (not that I'm holier-than-thou about it. If you wanna smoke/drink, go for it. I just won't pollute my lungs/ I don't like the way alcohol makes me feel). He cited that he wanted to smoke pot and drink. Okay?
    - Didn't like that I was trying hard to improve my life and get a car while he did NOTHING.

Then again, to his defense, I took our 8 month relationship very seriously. I mean, we lived with each other briefly. Too bad it took me too long to see he was using me for sex, money, internet and a place with air conditioning....sigh. He used a verrrrry silly argument as an excuse to just break it off.

Thank god I married a good man.
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My ex said he wanted to share a man with me!:frown:

Why did your last relationship fail?

I would have said the only way another mans coming into our bed is if hes jumping on your *kitten* getting you in deeper ! - just sayin !
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Because I frickin hated everything about him by the end.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

I would have said the only way another mans coming into our bed is if hes jumping on your *kitten* getting you in deeper ! - just sayin !
    Unfortunately exactly what he wanted :frown:
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    We didn't have time for each other :frown:
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    He cheated on me in the first few weeks of our relationship, which I never would have known about except that 3 months later she showed up knocked up. After 3 months of promising me he was always going to be there and would be different than anyone who had ever let me down and even initially telling me he was going to stay with me and that he didn't want to be with her (she was a bit younger than us and not very bright) he was gone. She did a lot of crying and telling him she didn't have anyone and that played great against the only arguement we ever had was that I was too independant.

6 years later and I still don't trust anyone, or myself because I completely believed him.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't trust me and was verbally abusive. Finally I said enough is enough! It was the hardest thing I ever had to do

i'm in this boat. very glad it's in my past :drinker:
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't trust me and was verbally abusive. Finally I said enough is enough! It was the hardest thing I ever had to do

i'm in this boat. very glad it's in my past :drinker:

I think I'm on your yacht, too!

Mine was verbally and physically abusive, and was so suspicious of my every move. He claimed I was seeing other men, when I just spoke to my own cousins and stuff.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Thats hot. Just sayin.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I was too nice so i got friend zoned. *sigh* Trying to be more of an *kitten* because apparently that works.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Betrayal on his part.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    he liked to beat and cheat and lie and ignore. You know, the fun stuff.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    We liked to party together. When I got pregnant and wasn't blitzed I realized he really wasn't nice to me or anybody else.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    He had absolutely no motivation. Literally, ZERO. And crazy. I didn't realize how crazy he was, until 2 years after I had last had any contact with him whatsoever, he anonymously Facebooked my husband, just after we got married, to tell him all about how awful he thinks I am (it was very obviously him, he could have at least made sure not to include personal details if he was too much of a coward to own what he had to say). I don't even know how he found out I was married- I lived 4200 miles away from him at the time of this incident! I have met highschoolers with more maturity. Hence, why we didn't last.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Not sure where your issue is....

You get what is lacking from him, he gets what's lacking from you.....

SMH.....

Having lived the life of a swinger, you're dating...enjoy life. :drinker:
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    He was too immature. Not in the typical early 20’s party party party way, or even the highschool dramatic kind of way. I felt like I was dating a 14 year old with him. We were drinking one night and the alcohol only made it worse, he was like a 14 year old that had snuck a few shots from his father’s liquor cabinet. it was over shortly after that night, it only lasted about 4 weeks, it was that bad.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I was too nice so i got friend zoned. *sigh* Trying to be more of an *kitten* because apparently that works.

No! Don't do that! My fiance was constantly put in the friend zone before me, to the point where he let it be known right for the beginning that he doesn't want to be "just friends" with me. It was all or nothing, and he is the best things that has ever happened to me

The guy before my fiance? Dumped me for a woman that was bi-polar, had a 2 year old and refused to take her meds. His reasoning? I was to independent, I didn't need him, I was a little to dominate and finally, he didn't want to be stable right now :noway: ...I kept an open mind, we weren't dating that long, but I did ask him if he knew what bi-polar was? As a psych major, I felt obligated to tell him what he was getting in to. He didn't know, so I explained the extreme highs and extreme lows, etc...and he lost his mind on me. He told me not to go all "psychobabble" on him. Needless to say, I met my fiance about a week later, and 2 weeks after that, my ex messaged me. Said he was sorry and that the girl with bi-polar didn't work out (duh). Sorry man...
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    He wouldn't admit to cheating. Despite missing money, missing time, gifts purchased on the credit card that weren't for me (including a CD of love songs), seeing her number incoming multiple times on his phone late at night, and finally a letter from his co-workiers confirming what I already knew, he denies it to this day.

After 19 years together, I could have forgiven it if he'd been willing to work through it but he didn't respect me enough to tell me the truth. I deserve better so I left.