It's date night

Options
I am so close to being at my landmark weight I can see it. I over ate yesterday and had a couple drinks, so today I've been trying to keep my calories as low as possible. However, It's the middle of the day, I've already eaten breakfast and lunch, I'm still hungry, and tonight my boyfriend wants to take me to dinner and a movie.
So do I eat as much as I need to eat to keep myself not miserable and hungry, or do I stick to my calorie goals come hell or high water?

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    First, don't punish yourself by undereating all day to "make up" for yesterday - this is an unhealthy mentality. Let it go and carry on with your plan. Second...it's date night. Have fun. If you happen to go over again today, it won't make a lick of difference in the great scheme of things (i.e., days, weeks, months from now). Aim to be consistent over a long period of time; not just day-to-day, or you'll miss out on a lot of fun and stress yourself out unnecessarily. Weight loss isn't a race.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Have a light snack until tonight and enjoy your date night with your man.
  • CDub73
    CDub73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It won't matter much in the big picture. Get back on the horse tomorrow.

If you're that worried about going over, track how many calories you go over and make it up the next few days. You eat 500 extra calories...then trim 100 calories off for the next 5 days and boom! Back on track.

But for real, enjoy yourself. If anything one day of extra calories may even give your body a push to burn more fat in the coming days.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    First, don't punish yourself by undereating all day to "make up" for yesterday - this is an unhealthy mentality. Let it go and carry on with your plan. Second...it's date night. Have fun. If you happen to go over again today, it won't make a lick of difference in the great scheme of things (i.e., days, weeks, months from now). Aim to be consistent over a long period of time; not just day-to-day, or you'll miss out on a lot of fun and stress yourself out unnecessarily. Weight loss isn't a race.

This.

If you cant have fun nights out because being thin or skinny is too important, than this lifestyle isnt worth it. My weight loss sure isnt where I want it to be, but I am not willing to sacrifice some of the things I love. When I anticipate a particularly high day or something I just do more working out. for some that works, for some it doesnt. You just need to figure out what works for you.