Oh Shi.....

Options
...take mushrooms!

Have gone over my calories by over 500 cals today. I usually work out what I am going to eat the night before but I cam home today and my cheffy fiance had made a gorgeous dinner, there were also bloody jelly babies roaming the house and they tricked me into eating them, little b***ards! It wasn't until after I totted up what I had eaten that I realised how over I am. I would normally just try and burn this off but I am hurting today after an aerobics class and 30 day shred yesterday, I know its "no pain, no gain" but there is a strong possibility I could die if i pick up the weights...

So basically, Im just confessing, it's out there, you may all shame me into action now lol.

Hope you are all having good a day and wake up tomorrow a little bit awesomer than you were today :)

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If your goal is set for 1lb/week you just ate at maintenance. You won't gain any fat.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Really? Im still learning about the calories my body needs etc. so I am a little ignorant about these things, but if that's the case then internet hugs of relief for you Random Girl! x

YOUR ARMS ARE AMAZING!!!!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You're fine. I went over 500 calories one day, and 120 calories the next. I lost .2 pounds. You're fine. :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Really? Im still learning about the calories my body needs etc. so I am a little ignorant about these things, but if that's the case then internet hugs of relief for you Random Girl! x

YOUR ARMS ARE AMAZING!!!!

And yep, the 1lb/week setting puts you at a 500 calorie daily deficit (500 x 7 = 3500 calories = 1lb of fat). That's why being just a little bit over sometimes isn't a big deal.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I went over by 1,400 on Friday. Darn funnel cakes! :sick: It happens.
  • bokchoybaby
    bokchoybaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If your goal is set for 1lb/week you just ate at maintenance. You won't gain any fat.
    And if you really want to keep your weekly deficit you can just shave 83 more calories off your day for the next six days. A teeny bit more exercise or slightly less food. But, really, going over sometimes is no big deal unless it happens a lot or you feel out of control while doing it.
  • kelmilner
    kelmilner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Them there Jelly Babies get everywhere. Squish em and then the calories don't count. And ...... If they're other people's then they are obviously calorie free!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Quit making excuses and go work out, OP.