Pain gone thanks to MyFitnessPal

Options
I was experiencing bad nerve & back pain for nearly the past year. I went through two doses of heavy pain medication and lots of stress & anxiety over it. I felt like I was losing my life and wasn't able to enjoy much of anything due to pain and depression. I finally decided that dropping some weight might just be the answer. My fiance discovered MyFitnessPal so I decided to download it on my iPhone. I got addicted quickly and began my goal of losing 1.5 lbs. per week. It's 3 weeks later and I have lost 7 pounds. What's even more amazing is that my nerve pain is probably 90% GONE!!!! I owe my life to MyFitnessPal. My ultimate goal is to drop 20 lbs. total. So I have 13 lbs. more to go.

Replies

• hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    :wink: Keep up the good work. I am getting new phone so that I can load MYFITNESS PAL on it.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would definitely advise to speak to your doctor about this, but congrats!
  • stl_redbirds5
    Options
    I would definitely advise to speak to your doctor about this, but congrats!

Already have. Two orthopedist visits & a family physician visit. The ortho doc said I needed to strengthen my core. I figured it couldn't hurt to lose weight along the way. It's nearly gotten rid of it.
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I suffer from arthritis in both knees and of a few weeks ago plantar fascistic. I started exercising more. I've lost 4lbs. and feel better...I take it as a NSV when I can climb the stairs without holding the rails and going non-stop up the stairs.

If you are able--swimming/water classes are good way to not put pressure on your joints. You may need to check with your dr., but I love doing the water classes--makes me feel empowered.
  • SHEEZLUVLLY
    SHEEZLUVLLY Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. I am enjoying the site as well.. I also suffer from nerve pain and I believe the weight will improve it drastically.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!