Flavoring my coffee & energy drinks

Options
I have a hard time trying to flavor my coffee. Im looking for sweet without the carbs and calories. I work overnight so coffee (and unfortunately energy drinks) is what I need to keep going... UNLESS anyone has any tips or ideas

Replies

• MikeLoyd
    MikeLoyd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just drink it black...
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas too.

I don't drink energy drinks but I love my coffee. I use too much flavored creamer but it is my biggest weakness. I need to either learn to like it with a little half and half or black. It takes up my daily sugar intake in one morning.
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    I know I try to stay away from sweetners as much as I can. But sometimes in my coffee I just want that extra flavour. They sell splenda packets with French vanilla or hazelnut flavour in them. They are more pricey, but not as expensive as energy drinks. I do like the creamers too, but they are a lot of cals. Also if you go to a coffee shop like starbucks or something like that, they sell their sugar free syrups for coffee.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I finally learned to just drink my coffee black as I was downing a couple 100 calories in flavored Coffemate (which is about 30-35 calories per tablespoon) each day.

Helps to use high quality coffee and in my case, I have a Cusinart coffee maker with a built in grinder.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Google search "Bulletproof coffee".

I used to down 2 cans of sugar free NOS a day. Was the best tasting in my opinion but not sold in every store. After a good few years I decided enough was enough. All the artificial sweeteners I think were starting to mess with my sugar cravings and started snacking on candy.
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If your alternative to coffee is sugar free energy drinks, I assume you aren't scared of artificial sweeteners. So you could use the artificial sweetener of your choice, a sugar free flavored syrup (these are in most grocery stores, usually in the coffee aisle), or an artificially sweetened creamer type product.
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK or US? I use Jordan's skinny syrups in my coffee (caramel is my favourite flavour)! I live in the UK and find it in TK Maxx but I know it is an American product so I would guess it is widely available there.
  • JrsAngel2010
    Options
    I wish I could drink coffee black- I may be making it wrong but it tastes burnt- which wouldn't surprise me due to the way I cook. Im super excited to try this bulletproof coffee though. Thanks for all the ideas. Going try different solutions!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a coffee drinker (usually do once a month at Starbucks and a few more times around the holidays), but my husband is. He added fresh mint leaves to the grounds and he said it was really good. (in the k-cup holder thingy).
  • JrsAngel2010
    Options
    Mint leaves that's an odd one but I love mint leaves in fresh lemon h20 so Ill have to try that one
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells hazelnut, French vanilla, and Carmel flavorings for coffee that are only 5 calories...that's what I use now!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Stevia. Natural, calorie free, and comes in some flavors (I have chocolate and vanilla).
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Stevia for sweetner, I also put protein powder with coffee, vanilla or chocolate. More protein will help with snacking during the night.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I buy these things called Mio energy, there basically a flavored liquid you squirt into your water bottle that taste like kool aid, and has caffiene in them. They have 0 calories and one bottle last about 24 water bottles worth and are only about 3 bucks :) I love them because they give me the energy boost I need on sluggish days lol
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time trying to flavor my coffee. Im looking for sweet without the carbs and calories. I work overnight so coffee (and unfortunately energy drinks) is what I need to keep going... UNLESS anyone has any tips or ideas

I use bourbon.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Torani makes a sugar free syrup, you can add it to your coffee. Hazelnut is good. I think it's zero calories, it uses Splenda.
  • 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lite coconut milk
  • JrsAngel2010
    Options
    Pretty sure in my profession they look down on bourbon in coffee- I don't know for a fact just thinking its quite frowned upon heehee :)
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    just use a sweatener or just drink it black with milk and or cream, or just use sugar--just less of it, or just drink diet energy drink
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    I use splenda and sugar free creamers. The one i have is 20 cal and 2 carbs per Tbs. I only drink 1 cup a day ... I'm sure if you have 5 it probably adds up. Don't know what your limits are.