21, Ireland, 50lbs to go, Hypothyroidism, lets do this!

Options
ChloGlam
ChloGlam Posts: 11 Member
Hello :-)

My name is Chloe and I'm from Ireland.

I of course have the dreaded under active thyroid but that doesn't stop me from doing anything :-)

I'm currently on a mission to lose weight and come off my medication!

I need friends on here so please add me :-)

Chloe x

Replies

• jen0m
    jen0m Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Chloe - I'm the same Hypo but stable on meds & have lost nearly 2 & a half stone thought weight watchers!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    also have Hypothyroidism and PCOS and have been on this journey for awhile but getting close to the finish line feel free to add me if you would like.:flowerforyou:
  • talexis
    talexis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've had a thyroid problem for 9yrs came of my meds when I reached my goal weight in 1yr I've gain 2 stone I'm heaver than before and struggling a second time round. Never stop taking your meds unless under advisement from your doctor I'm back on mine and stable will take some time to shift the weight again.
  • gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    hi
    im from ireland to if you want to add me,good luck with your goals
  • jen0m
    jen0m Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys I work in a medical area & it's not a good idea to come off your medication when you reach a certain weight! Hypothyroidism is a disease that slows down your metabolism & creates weight gain so its something that you'll have for life. Losing weight with hypo thyroid will not mean that oh can stop your meds!! Always run anything like this by your GP!