Pilates?

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So I've been doing a pilates DVD (can't afford classes)-the Mari Winsor classic mat exercise. For sure something is working because my body is like jello afterward, but here's my question...

I'm not looking to lose a whole lot-just to tone up. I'm a healthy weight but I want more definition and to look leaner.

Has anyone had great success with pilates? I enjoy it because I'll be honest, weights bore me to tears.

Is there anything I can add to pilates to make it more effective/work faster?

Anyone else do pilates and enjoy it like I do? Thanks!

Replies

• MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    pilates strengthens the whole core pretty nicely
  • snagy1
    snagy1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do pilate classes 5 days a week. I love it....its great for toning. A lot of dancers do it ♥
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Cassey Ho's pilates (free via YouTube) for about 10 months. I do other exercises, but I love her pilates routines & have found them to be very effective, especially for the core. I couldn't believe the results I saw after my first month! :) I am very pleased with my results
  • brittany0859
    Options
    I love Pilates! I have Mari Windsorw DVDs and they're the best Pilates workout for sure. I also like POPPilates on YouTube. She has lots and lots of videos. I also use 10 minute solutions slim and sculpt and it's another good one. I've gotten really good results with that DVD as it works the arms and legs. My arms got more toned using the resistance band than when I was lifting weights. M core got SO much stronger and I became more flexible. Pilates is an intense workout but it will take time to see results. Try to do at least 30 minutes of Pilates a day everyday. Miley Cyrus trains with Mari Windsor. You might not like her but you've got to admit she's got an awesome midsection.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love Pilates! I have Mari Windsorw DVDs and they're the best Pilates workout for sure. I also like POPPilates on YouTube. She has lots and lots of videos. I also use 10 minute solutions slim and sculpt and it's another good one. I've gotten really good results with that DVD as it works the arms and legs. My arms got more toned using the resistance band than when I was lifting weights. M core got SO much stronger and I became more flexible. Pilates is an intense workout but it will take time to see results. Try to do at least 30 minutes of Pilates a day everyday. Miley Cyrus trains with Mari Windsor. You might not like her but you've got to admit she's got an awesome midsection.

Yay! POP pilates is Cassey Ho's workouts. Love 'em.
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump