Juicing and calorie counting?

Options
Is anyone here juicing? Ive been juicing
For a while now for the nutritional benefit.
However, I've recently began counting
Calories and not sure how to accurately
Account for those juice concoctions...
My typical recipe is altogether about 12oz of organic:
carrots, kale,
Ginger root, baby spinach, cilantro, celery and wheatgrass.

Any light on the subject
would be much appreciated!!
Thanks y'all!

Replies

• JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    The spinach has such a low calorie count, I just use the posted nutrician amounts. Most of the other fruits and vegetables I juice have calorie counts for juice based on the weight of the prejuiced produce. Type in things like "Navel Orange Juice" or "Red Grapes Juice" and see if it is measured.
  • jimmy_jenkins
    Options
    I think its something like this.....

When you juice you lose the fibre, apparently fibre has 4 calories per gram.

So a little example, if you were to juice one apple (109 calories, 5.1 g fibre) then it would have 89 calories once juiced. This is what i have been doing!
  • mrs_c_getsfit
    mrs_c_getsfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use a generic 15 calories per oz juiced. In all the juices I have taken the time to figure out, it has always been right around there. That said, I hate juicing greens and typically juice things like carrots, apples, beets, oranges, etc. Greens would be way less, I'm assuming.
  • MelindaClaire1
    MelindaClaire1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I can help this time! Searched forever and found this gem to build my juices and log my calories. :0)

http://myphytos.com/build
  • vbuxton
    vbuxton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is the most beneficial post I've found on here! Thank you sooo much MelindaClaire! awesome link