I do the Slim Fast Diet! Lay it on me!

Options
2»

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    back in the late 90's I was about 40 pounds overweight but not wearing it very well at all, I did slim fast for about 3 months and then randomly replaced those shakes with meals for two more months until I was back at a normal BMI. I kept it off for about 5 years before I let bad habits take over again. Since the first of the year I started doing a similar thing , only with a high protein zero carb shake and high protein bars and my ticker pretty much tells you how it's working.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I want your thoughts on slim fast diets! I know I will probably get bombarded with negativity here but it has been working. In a week and a half I am down almost seven lbs. I dont expect giant losses like this every week, but I have a lot of weight to loose so it is to be expected. I know it wont last forever but the reason I decided to break down and try it is becuase I don't work a traditional job. I work in prison and my days are either fast and unpredictable or long and boring....mostly fast and unpredictable. I don't get a traditional lunch break. Out meal breaks are on the fly a munch while your moving and always working even while eating. This proves difficult to eat salads or microwave a lean cuisine. I find that I throw the milk and powder in my blender bottle into my lunch bag with a couple grab and go snacks and that it works for me. I can move around the facility and tuck the bottle into my jacket or trouser pocket and have a quick easy meal!

I know this wont and cant last forever. Maybe it can, it is just so easy to do for me at work. Plus i have lost weight. I know it has more to do with a decrease in calories and portion control rather than maybe the specific dynamics of slim fast.

Has anyone else tried slim fast? Any success???

I did it sometime around 1999 when I was much younger and only about 5 pounds overweight (actually, just about the size I am now. Imagine that). I lost 12 pounds in a month doing Slimfast shakes twice a day and a regular dinner...and I worked out like a fiend. I used the pre-made shakes to take to work with me and thought they tasted very metallic, so that was no fun (the products may taste better now, I've not tried them since then!)

Anyway...it was not sustainable for me and I gained weight back. I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to use meal replacement shakes because of your job situation, maybe try a better-quality protein powder or pre-made shakes with more protein/less sugar?

You might also carry baggies of cut up veggies and/or nuts with you...things that don't have to be refrigerated and can be eaten on the fly :)

Good luck--sounds like a tough job!

Sounds just like my experience with it many years ago. I lost weight, but I was working out like mad and my metabolism was a lot better back then. Now I just look at the ingredient list and shake my head. WAYYYYY too many chemicals and artificial crap in it. I'm sad that I turned my mother-in-law onto Slimfast, because she's totally addicted to it still. :/
  • nypr
    nypr Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been using slim fast just for lunch since April or May. Like you, the slim fast works for me because it's easy. I also know I'm getting nutrients I might not get with my other regular, but low calorie meals/snacks. I use the ready made shakes. This way I go on with my life without stressing over food details. I'm 62 and have been able to lose 38 pounds so far. Sounds like you work hard and the slim fast works for you. As long as you are also eating healthy when at home I'd say "Go for it"! :smile:
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi there,

Could you list some of the snacks you were eating following SlimFast diet?
  • maghenwarren
    maghenwarren Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the slim-fast diet for only three days now. So far I like it. I started it because I wanted some guild lines. I follow their format, not really using their products. The only thing I noticed is that I'm going over my protein and sugars everyday. I do the three snacks, two shakes, and one meal.

My normal day goes
    breakfast: shake
    snacks: two of them during my college classes
    after school lunch: shake
    dinner: anything I have, usually at work so I eat whatever we have that night there (nursing home)
    snack: one after working out
  • maghenwarren
    maghenwarren Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Could you list some of the snacks you were eating following SlimFast diet?

I use 100 calorie packs, yogurts, rice cakes, popcorn, pretty much anything under 100 calories