New and looking for friends

Options
Hello, My name is Tia. I am married with a 1 year old little boy. I am 21 and 5'5 and extremely over weight do to hypothyroidism. I don't want to let it control me anymore. I had felt like there was no hope because I never eat out or eat anything bad for me and I work out for an hour a day. Then my dr told me a few months ago that I was born with hypothyroidism which is why I have always had some issues with my weight despite always eating healthy and playing sports. so, long story short, I have been put on medicine to help get my thyroid under control. I want to try and find people around my age with similar issues losing weight. I have a long road ahead of me and would love to share the experience with people. my goal weight is 150 lbs which means I have to lose 145 lbs. Please be by my side while I'm by yours!! :)

Replies

• robinschwalb
    robinschwalb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had that they called it "hasimotos" the doc told me I would be on medication the rest of my life. I got rid of the stress in my life and I don't have to take the medication anymore, been off it for 13 years. Be sure and educate yourself on the depression this causes, the doctor does not usually address it and good luck.
  • cassiek0lba
    cassiek0lba Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm just starting out too, i'm out to lose about 90.
    We can help each other :)
  • traczekn
    traczekn Posts: 14
    Options
    woot woo! i'd love to be your motivation buddy!
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey, the_korean, I'm 18 and too have always struggled with obesity. As far as I know, I don't have any medical reasons to have struggled with it… but, because of my parents' bad habit, have, and am trying to get down to about 156, give or take a few pounds. I'm 5'7 and currently weigh in at 196. I collect quotes, so to speak, so add me as a friend if you'd like and if you need some motivation later on just let me know.
  • adriana2225
    Options
    Good Luck to you. :)
    I hope that you achieve your goal. Anything is possible and keeping motivation and having someone right there beside you makes everything much more fun. I am here if we can be buddies and succeed in this journey together.
  • the_korean
    Options
    Thank you. that would be great. :) it is great to know that people in my age group are having the same issues as me (so to speak) I would love to keep in contact with all of you during our journeys and help each other during this time :)