Considered light or moderate exercise?

Options
kari_lh
kari_lh Posts: 14 Member
I'm recalculating my TDEE after losing 5 pounds just to make sure I'm still eating enough. I workout 5-6 days a week for about 30-45 minutes a day. Cardio is about 3-4 days, usually running 2-3 miles. On days I don't run, I usually do a jillian michaels youtube video for strength/interval training, OR I do an at home weight circuit workout that takes about 30 min.

Based on exercise alone, would this be considered light activity or moderate? I'm using the Scooby's workshop TDEE calculator.

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'd say at least moderate, if not active.
  • kari_lh
    Options
    Thank you! Anyone else?
  • RumpledSkillSet
    RumpledSkillSet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Do you know what kind of calorie burn you're getting from each of your activities?

When I calculated my TDEE I took a look at the calories I was given when set to Sedentary. I then added up how many extra calories I burn from exercise each week and added that to the Sedentary weekly goal. The number I got was in line with Lightly Active.

I lift and do 20 min elliptical 3x per week
    I run 5 miles 2-3 times per week.

Not sure if my math is right, but it works for me!

Hope this helps!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thats more than moderate exercise by textbook standards. Working out 6 days a week for 45 minutes on its own puts you into the highly active category. Never mind all the other exercise on top on top.
  • kari_lh
    Options
    Hi!

Do you know what kind of calorie burn you're getting from each of your activities?

When I calculated my TDEE I took a look at the calories I was given when set to Sedentary. I then added up how many extra calories I burn from exercise each week and added that to the Sedentary weekly goal. The number I got was in line with Lightly Active.

I lift and do 20 min elliptical 3x per week
    I run 5 miles 2-3 times per week.

Not sure if my math is right, but it works for me!

Hope this helps!

I get anywhere from 200-400 from running, and probably about 200 from weight training?

I think I'll go with moderate, thanks everyone!