Fitbit, BodyMedia, BodyBug.... What is the best, and WHY??

Options
Looking to gain more understanding about these little trackers... If you have used one, chime in with your opinion. Thanks!

Replies

• hammbone55
    hammbone55 Posts: 73
    Options
    I did a lot of research before I bought mine and I'm glad I went with the Body Media link. I always have instant access to see how many calories burned, how much moderate and vigorous activity I've done, how many steps I've taken and How much and the quality of sleep I've gotten. I love the sleep monitor (tells me when I've waken up through the night and when I was actually sleeping). MFP links with it so it calculates your daily deficit for you (as long as you are logging correctly). It tracks your personal best for each item so I always try to beat my best in steps or workout a little longer so I can make my vigorous activity goal. It also has daily minimum goals to reach such as 10,000 steps or mine is set to burn 2500 calories a day (overall) and then eat 1500 calories so I always have at least a 1,000 calorie deficit. In the last month that I've been using it I've lost 8.8 lbs. I bought mine on Amazon.com for way cheaper than the body media website. I think I got it for $116 and free shipping since I have amazon prime. I did go on the body media site and buy a couple extra bands so I could designate one band for when I work out and get sweaty. I do have a tan line, but that's a small price to pay to me for the information it gives me. It is water resistant, but not water proof so you have to take if off in the shower or swimming, but it does estimate your activity when you're not wearing it. It was a ittle weird wearing it the first day, but now I hardly know I'm wearing it. Overall I do not regret buying it at all. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
  • dolcezza72
    dolcezza72 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am embarrassed to say that I do have the body media... I just don't know how to work it. I will have to take the time to figure it out.
  • hammbone55
    Options
    Haha! It was a little confusing, but I eventually figured it out. LOL
  • dolcezza72
    dolcezza72 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    mine is a couple years old though, do you think it is still as good as the newer ones? It isn't wireless.....
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Neither for me but it depends on what you are looking for.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    mine is a couple years old though, do you think it is still as good as the newer ones? It isn't wireless.....

I would get something newer if it's older.. just cause I'm sure it has more options and features
  • hammbone55
    Options
    Yeah mine is wireless and hooks up to my phone via Bluetooth. I have no clue how to work the older ones. LOL
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I picked up a bodymedia fit a couple of months ago and have been pretty happy with it. I got it because it's supposed to do more than count steps and has the other monitors as well. Since I'm lifting, I thought it would be a better fit for me. I also got it because of the bluetooth connection to my phone and the ability to monitor my progress throughout the day.

I admit that I don't like how big the armband is. I constantly have people asking me what it is, and I'd rather not admit to tracking my calories that closely. I've started taking it off when I'm at events or with new people. I've tried wearing it on my leg, under jeans, but it way overcounts my activity if I do that. With summer here, I'll probably find that there are more days where I'm not using it. However, I think that I've gotten a pretty good understanding of where my calorie burn is, so I should be OK (hopefully).