3 year anniversary

Options
stratusphr
stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
June 10th was three years. I have been maintaining for 2.5. 85 pounds gone forever, or at least that's the plan! I weigh every morning, I have for over three years. I still weigh and/or measure my food when I'm at home and I am forced to "eyeball" it when I'm eating out. I log all my food on MFP and I attend support group meetings. In fact, I love them!

Replies

• JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Maintaining my weight has been a challenge for me personally. I think it's harder to do that losing. I am incredibly happy for you!
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! I hope one day I can say I've been maintaining for years! Wow, 85 pounds, WTG!!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • stratusphr
    Options
    Thank you....all of you! We're all in this "journey" together! :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I agree maintaining is a struggle, more for me than losing, been there almost a year though!! You rock!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the great work! You are definitely looking great.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your hard work. I hope (WILL) I can say the same thing one day.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm just a few months into maintenance so hearing of your success for 3 years gives me hope I'll be able to figure out this part of my journey to stay healthy.

ETA: I forgot to say congrats!
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Very inspirational, and an excellent reminder that we aren't on a diet - but learning what behaviours to change for the lifetime, to keep the body we want. Thanks!! I am not there yet, down 36 pounds, 18 to go, these last ones won't budge... But I am trying!
  • jodsap
    jodsap Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are my goal. My goal is 80 lbs to lose and I have 29 lbs left. But its the MAINTAINING that I am afraid of!!!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :) I'm nearly into maintenance mode myself! :) Hopefully I'll still be around my goal weight in 3 years from now! :D

Edit: just realized 3 years from now would be around when we plan to have our wedding so I am now even MORE determined :P
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Rock and roll baby. I'm in it for 2 and still trying to lose a little more. But I log it, weigh it, and keep on running. Congrats!
  • stratusphr
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words!! You are all MY heros!!! If I can do it, you can too! :heart:
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear someone else weighs themselves everyday! I always hear negative comments about that, but when I do it, it works for me. I never cry, or get overly upset about the number so I think for me it's healthy. If I see more than a 3-4 lb gain I know I need to tighten my diet up a bit.
  • stratusphr
    Options
    Rachie - I look at weighing like my "dashboard" on my truck, weighing every day, most times, first thing in the morning and right before bed....the second time is a 'game' I play, I guess what I'll weigh in the morning, but doing that, logging on MFP, they are my dashboard, they let me know what's going on "under the hood". If I need to adjust something or change something, I catch it right away. All these things, weighing my food, measuring my food.....it's second nature to me now, just like breathing. It's my new normal and it works for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!