Once or twice a day....more noticeable weight loss?

Options
Does it matter whether you exercise twice a day or once? I feel if I did I would get results faster but in turn would have to consume more calories which I would be a little wary of. Any thoughts?

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of workout you are doing - how long and how many calories you are burning
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    how many calories you are burning

this.
  • twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ahh, got it! It is Insanity/P90X in the AM, then elliptical and weights in the PM.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Does it matter whether you exercise twice a day or once? I feel if I did I would get results faster but in turn would have to consume more calories which I would be a little wary of. Any thoughts?

For my commutes by bike, I do it twice a day, for about 25 minutes, each round is about 300 calories. No problem with that.

My weekend rides are for about 2-2.5 hours. I can only do one of those a day, it's about 1000-1200 calories.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Ahh, got it! It is Insanity/P90X in the AM, then elliptical and weights in the PM.

So you would be double dipping.
    You will burn calories from the P90 and then burn more from the cardio/weights in the afternoon.
    Sounds like a recipe for success to me !
  • twinkle941980
    Options
    I guess I am trying to see what I can do to drop 30lbs the fastest by September (my birthday). I am trying to weigh 125. I currently weigh in at 155.
  • twinkle941980
    Options
    THANKS! Makes me feel MUCH more comfortable :) Funny, when I was in the Army I didn't have to worry about any of this as I was pretty much forced to work on it 5 days a week, twice a day lol.