Whole30 Newbie Here!

Options
rleath
rleath Posts: 35 Member
I started the Whole30 Diet plan yesterday. One of my ultra runner friends, who has in turn gotten me into running (I ran my first ever 5K on saturday) suggested we do it together and train for our next races. I started a blog to track my progress and keep myself accountable (http://retrorunnergirl.wordpress.com/). I'm trying to do anything I can to keep myself on the right track.

Today was rough because I was feeling a little sluggish, but I'm eating the meals when I should and the right portions. I just wanted to see other people's experience with it and any advice would be wonderful.

Thank you!!

Replies

• 1975jobu
    1975jobu Posts: 9
    Options
    I just finished last week. First 3-4 days were tough, but I lost about 6 lbs with it and feel more fit. I feel great and am still maintaining my new eating habits to some extent. Good luck!
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did this and felt so great that she hasn't quit, though she's long past the 30 days. Good luck to you
  • rleath
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to getting passed these first few days because they are really tough. But the long term benefits seem to outweigh the discomfort now!
  • appletrina
    appletrina Posts: 14
    Options
    How are you doing on this? Has it gotten easier? I just bought the It Starts With Food book and am so interested in trying it.
  • rleath
    Options
    How are you doing on this? Has it gotten easier? I just bought the It Starts With Food book and am so interested in trying it.

I finished my 30 days and now i'm going strong on a modified paleo diet!

The first week and a half were really tough, but once you get thru that it just starts to become habit.

My cravings were gone and I would make better food choices without even thinking twice!