Breakfast suggestion

Options
Hi all i'm new and I was wondering if anyone had a few breakfast menues they could share with me that have low calories. in them.
Thanks, Penny

Replies

• brittanypartridge73
    Options
    Try pitting half an avacado, crack an egg in the pit, sprinkle some pepper or whatever you like on top and bake until cooked. It's good nutrition and good to eat from the earth, it keeps your body clean...and is tastey!

Also, to get the "Zone" (40% carbs, 30% good fat, 30% protein) you could toast some bread (wheat), add a slice of your favorite (low sodium) cheese and top it off with an over-easy egg!
  • blondie826
    Options
    I usually do something simple such as fresh fruit, 1 serving of organic oatmeal, egg whites, or a low cal cereal and skim milk. Always measure the serving size.
  • Pfisher7458
    Options
    Thank you so much I will use these, very helpful, I started yesterday need all the help I can get!
  • Pfisher7458
    Options
    Ty for all of the suggestions, I am new here and need all the help I can get.
  • BluddyHolly
    Options
    I'm not much of a breakfast eater so I like to keep it simple with some scrambled eggs with toast or a bagel with a glass of milk. If I exercise in the morning, then I'll usually have a banana, Amy's Organic breakfast burrito, and a glass of milk. :) Hope that helped!

P.S. I always have a fresh fruit in the morning. :)
  • Jaymi1204
    Jaymi1204 Posts: 9
    Options
    I usually do something simple such as fresh fruit, 1 serving of organic oatmeal, egg whites, or a low cal cereal and skim milk. Always measure the serving size.

This is basically my go to breakfast. I'm a huge fan on egg whites, great protein and super low calories. Usually pair with a Greek yogurt, maybe an English muffin if I want some carbs and/or fresh fruit to get me going. I try to keep my breakfast filling, quick and low calorie since I'm not a huge breakfast eater :)
  • Pfisher7458
    Options
    Thanks to all this really helps!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I usually try to keep my breakfast under 300 cals. My diary is open, so you can check it out just keep hitting the arrow to the left to look at previous days.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like either a turkey sausage link or a slice of bacon sauteed with some spinach and egg whites and topped off with parmesan cheese. I usually have a piece of toast or a low fat biscuit with it.
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try an egg white breakfast wrap. Scramble 4 egg whites, put in a whole wheat tortilla, add 1/2 Cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, top with some diced tomato. If you eat with 1/2 cup of melon you're going to be rolling out 296 calories for breakfast with 32 grams of protein.
  • JayKing3612
    Options
    Try an egg white breakfast wrap. Scramble 4 egg whites, put in a whole wheat tortilla, add 1/2 Cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, top with some diced tomato. If you eat with 1/2 cup of melon you're going to be rolling out 296 calories for breakfast with 32 grams of protein.

This sounds delicious!

And to the OP, I'm not a huge breakfast person simply because I'm not a morning person. But I try to get my workouts in during the early hours before it gets too hot (Midwest in the summer means lots of sun and humidity, both of which trigger severe neurological migraines ICK!). This is my ideal breakfast before a hard workout/nature hike:
    -1 poached egg, lightly peppered
    -1 packet Oat Revolution oatmeal (It has flaxseed and all sorts of good things while still being affordable)
    -1 fat free yogurt (my favorite is raspberry)
    -1 serving fruit (apples, oranges, fresh pineapple, berries, cherries, whatever I feel like and have on hand)

On my lighter days when I'm simply doing toning/yoga/walking the dogs this is what I generally have:
    -1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
    -Handful spinach
    -Grape tomatoes, sliced into thirds
    -1 stalk green onion
    Once the egg is cooked enough to move around and fluff, I add the green onion and stir it around before adding the tomato and spinach just long enough to sweat the spinach. I love making myself scrambles like that. I'll also have something else like some melon or berries.