should i invest in a new scale?

Options
wondering if I should invest on a new scale for one I've had for a while and two when I weigh myself 2-3 times to just make sure I saw the weight right it gives me different readings differencing in 2-3 lbs.

If anyone has any suggestions into a good practical scale, it is much appreciated :happy:

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I bought the eatsmart precision scale on amazon, it was relatively inexpensive, has worked well, and came with a free measuring tape as well.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks!
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    just make sure it reads your wight well - I am getting a new one because the one I have now puts on a pound for me - frustrating
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would like ideas also. Mine does the same thing. Its the Biggest Loser scale if that matters. I always just go with the smallest number out of like three or four tries!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    No. Save that money for new clothes, shopping for smaller sizes is INFINITELY more fun than weighing yourself :tongue:
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I had a digital scale ($20 from Target) that I bought in January 2012 when I started; nothing special, but it did what I needed it to.

Now I use a Beurer Body Analysis scale, which tells me my weight, body fat percentage, water weight percentage, and muscle mass percentage. It was $30 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I have to say that I love it. Whenever there's a fluctuation in lbs, I can see WHY rather than wondering if I ate something bad the day before or if I'm retaining water, etc.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17656848&RN=444&
  • flawlezzlyimperfect
    Options
    I have the Taylor brand from Walmart goes to 400lbs. Its fairly new so I dont have that problem. Also if it digital, you have to step on and off again to reset each time you move it.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I bought the eatsmart precision scale on amazon, it was relatively inexpensive, has worked well, and came with a free measuring tape as well.

I have that one too and i love it, seems accurate as far as i can tell just make sure to calibrate it when you move it from one area to another.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This sounds really cool, but how does it know the difference between water weight and fat?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    A tape measure is cheaper than a scale and will give you better indications of how you're doing. I'd recommend that.