Hello

Options
I haven't weighed myself in about a year because I am afraid to fall into a deeper depression than I already am in. I have tried to keep myself active after being out of work but I can tell by the way my clothes fit that that isn't working. My knee is starting to hurt and I need some low impact aerobics I can do at home, since I can no longer afford the gym. My goal is not so much to watch numbers go down on a scale but for my belly and hips to shrink. Maybe I should start by getting my tape measure out.

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    abs of steel buns of steel work out are really good
  • Rosandra
    Options
    Try Zumba!! Is fun, you don't feel as thought you are working out. You can also try pilates! Helps with full body strength.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Hey! Nice to meet you :) Im new too!
    Well if you want some ideas on low impact workouts, i got a few ideas. I did notices tho that when my knees would hurt..it was cuz i was actually not doing the workout right! So checkout if you are actually doing it properly and if your posture is right,
    About being depressed and being afraid to hop on the scale..well all i can tell ya..been there done that, But you will come to a point when you'll have to know your initial weight so you can move forward. And you know what..maybe it aint as bad as it seems! I actually look forward to weighing myself every Mondays even if i ate a ton of junk or been to birthday parties where veggie platters weren't invited ;) I got a tape measure handy and measure once a month and keep track in a journal and you know what...it works! So think positive! We are all int he same boat on that same journey and we'll achieve it in time =)