How do you know when to up your calories?

Options
What are some signs/symptoms that you are not eating enough calories in your weight loss effort?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    For me, I know I need to eat more if I feel tired, weak, black out/pass out, can't sleep, feel irritable, and/or feel apathetic.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hunger.
    Light headedness.
    Mood change that can't be explained.
    More tired than usual.
    Cravings that can't be explained, unusual cravings. I am not saying you can't have cravings, but if they are for foods you NEVER eat I think that is odd. Or something that you don't normally crave, it's your body telling you you are lacking in certain nutrients.
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    Hunger.
    Light headedness.
    Mood change that can't be explained.
    More tired than usual.
    Cravings that can't be explained, unusual cravings. I am not saying you can't have cravings, but if they are for foods you NEVER eat I think that is odd. Or something that you don't normally crave, it's your body telling you you are lacking in certain nutrients.

yep, i have all these
  • MichelleBogart
    MichelleBogart Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For me it was the scale not moving at all or even gaining.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Then up those calories, girl. I had those symptoms just 200 calories less than what I am eating now. Up your intake to lose 1/2-1 pound less than you have it set to now. I had to change mine to 1/2 a pound a week instead of 1. I feel SO much better, and the weight is still coming off.