New and excited to be here

Options
Hi there!
I've been struggling with my weight since high school, but up until now trying to lose weight has been a sort of lonely experience for me. I've never been involved in any kinds of forums, support groups, or social things like that, so MyFitnessPal is very new to me. I've made great success in the last two years by dropping 20 kilos (about 44 lbs). Looking back I still find it hard to believe that I actually did it! But recently I've started to "slip" a little as I call it. Like, 3 kilos back slip. So I thought that keeping a food and exercise diary would help me to get back on track. I'm also curious to see what other people here are up to, to learn from their experiences and maybe share my own :)

Replies

• SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new here, and really enjoying the experience so far. I find that logging my food and exercise almost feels like a game. Best of luck to you!
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you'd like! I've also gone from doing great to slipping a bit but we're back on track and we can do this!

If you'd like to join a support group, search for mine. It's "25 And Under Thunder"

We will have weekly challenges and weigh ins and there will be tons of motivation going around! :)
  • dngoins
    dngoins Posts: 20
    Options
    Seriously need to lose the weight. I always go a month and will do great, but after that i get disgusted and quit.. Gonna try this for a while and see how it goes. I have a busy life and I always give up because I don't have the time to actually sit down and put in every little thing I eat. Guess I just need some motivation. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • snoople1
    snoople1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weilcome! I'm in here for 3 weeks now and can tell that it's so much easier to be good:) Having a food is a wonderful tool.
    For encouragement you may add me as a firend::)))
  • gomarksgal
    Options
    Hey there! I am now over 40 and getting fit. I lost about 25 lbs. 2 years ago eating a yeast free diet. I've maintained my weight but have noticed things shifting since hitting 40??!!? So I have now, for the first time in my life, began exercising (about 8 weeks ago) and haven't given up! I'd like to lose another 10 lbs. but also stay motivated to keep exercising, get strong, and healthy! Looking forward to meeting some friends to help with motivation and inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • Allovera21
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you really made me feel welcome! :smile:
  • tazsue86
    tazsue86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Send you a add :)