Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

BodyMediaFit vs Fitbit

I have the Bodymedia fit band and love it, however I'm not a fan of having that device on my upper arm every day in this weather and with work. I like the concept of the fitbit being on the wrist with nice colors to choose from.

I was wondering if anyone has used both, and if Fitbit was just as accurate as the bodymedia.

Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Bump! I'm interested as well! Considering buying one but not sure which to buy!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    If you get a Fitbit you will also need a HRM to log all the exercise that Fitbit can't (so anything that isn't walking/running).

I have a Fitbit and HRM and LOVE the combination - especially as I have the fitbit one clipped to my bra so no one can see.

I had a bodymedia but HATED the fact that everyone could see it all the time, I felt embarassed and as a result stopped wearing it.

My fitbit works great for me - I wear it all day long and it tracks all the walking around I do wonderfully. Then when I'm doing my "scheduled" workout I put my HRM on and use the cals from that to override the fitbit at those points.

It's a simple setup once you get the hang of it :)
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    I have a Fitbit and have found that the HRM was unnecessary. Fitbit has a good log of activities and I've found the calories burned were pretty accurate for me compared to the HRM data (at least in my experience).
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    The Fitbit I am interested is the one that goes on your wrist, and even tracks sleep. I too hate the fact that everyone can see the bodymedia armband and that is why I stopped using it...however, it is a wonderful and powerful gadget. With summer being here, and tank tops/dresses, that is not the fashion statement I am looking for LOL

Do you have to have subscription for online use with the Fitbit?