why does the cardio section have to overlook the weights?

Options
every gym ive been to is set up that way
its so annoying cuz guys will make eye contact with me (a guy)
but i have no choice but to look forward so it looks like im looking too
its also uncomfortable on the other side too
you feel like you have to put on a show for the cougars
you gotta stay looking cute even on your last rep
and as luck would have it, at my gym the women have their own weights section off to the side of the cardio section
so they get to stare at guys from the cardio section but hetero guys doing cardio get the shaft
do gyms do this on purpose so ppl can get their creep on and keep using their membership?

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Honestly....no one cares what the hell you are doing. Stop caring so much as to what others are thinking and worry about your own workout because honestly, no one is watching you with as much interest as you think they are.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I wore my yoga pants to the whole foods store tonight. I was drenched in sweat from boxing.

I've never seen a gym set up that way. Get over it. Get over yourself. Or change gyms. But I'm pretty sure griping about it on the internet isn't going to change the set up.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    At the gym I go to, the cardio machines all face the wall, and the weights are on the other side of the room lol. So all you can do when you're running or pumping iron is inevitably stare at yourself.
  • pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "Hetero guys get the shaft." Oh, diddums. I'm terribly sorry that you feel as if you ought to be able to check out the women as you work out, but I can assure you that basically none of the "cougars" are that interested in how you look as you work out and I doubt whether the guys lifting weights give much of a toss, either. They're there to lift, you're there to work out and given that you're all at the same gym (and I realise this may come as a shock), they realise you have nowhere else to look but at the weights section.

I mean, golly gosh, it's almost as if you're not checking them out! Gay or straight! My word.

Get over it, man. A gym is a place to work out and if you're doing it right, that's what your concern should be.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Maybe just put your ipod on and focus on yourself....
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i could give a damn what i look like or who is looking at me. if u are that concerned about people looking at you, work out at home.
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    Being a 45 year old single woman I guess you would class me as one of those "cougars" - pretty sweeping geralisation of women of a certain age and pretty offensive. And we really don't give a damn what you are doing, where you are doing it and what you look like doing it...we are there for OURSELVES.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    At my gym the cardio machines face the windows and the weights machine/weight room is at the other side

I am SO sorry you don't get to purve on people :flowerforyou: