I have an awkward question? Girlie question!

Options
2»

Replies

• Janet_andpie
    Options
    I stopped getting my period for several months when I was doing an active job for 60 hours a week. When I changed jobs to a 45 hour week they came back. Basically my body was under too much stress to look after itself AND a baby.

So it may be you have nothing to worry about, but like everyone else has said I would get checked out by a doctor to be safe.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If your doctor cannot work out what's wrong with you I would see someone else - everyone else seems to have answered the question here for you, its probably to do with the weight loss and you body fat.

Some women do just suffer with irregular periods, but usually your doctor would investigate more than just say "i dont know" if you're worried seek another opinion.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If your doctor cannot work out what's wrong with you I would see someone else - everyone else seems to have answered the question here for you, its probably to do with the weight loss and you body fat.

Some women do just suffer with irregular periods, but usually your doctor would investigate more than just say "i dont know" if you're worried seek another opinion.

Well i know. But my periods have never been like this so it just threw me off especially after being this long now without one. I think my doctor is just a numbnuts. I did however book an appointment with a lady doctor so i can get this all sorted. :)
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    My problems are opposite. I'm on the pill yet I have been spotting for the past 3 weeks. I think it's finally starting to get back to normal (of course right b4 I get my period).

I'm not an expert at anything but I'm willing to say especially being so young and only eating 1000 calories was not helping and probably throwing you hormones off whack. I'm glad you are eating more. Please keep it up. And I'd still go see a doctor just in case. Be honest with them about what you have been doing.