Reduced Fat Peanut Butter

Options
Is the reduced fat peanut butter really that much healthier than regular? The calories are the same, the fat is lower, but everything else is higher

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Is the reduced fat peanut butter really that much healthier than regular? The calories are the same, the fat is lower, but everything else is higher
  • hlminton
    hlminton Posts: 6
    Options
    I have always wondered that myself. I really don't know the answer but I think that as long as you don't eat it daily by the spoonfuls (which I have been guilty of), then the regular is fine. You need protein to build muscle and peanut butter has a lot.
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    it's better to reduce your fat intake... I think it would depend on how much lower the fat content is.
  • heikki
    heikki Posts: 2
    Options
    It's not much of a difference really...I buy it for my dog for his kong, and I figured the reduced fat would be better for him but it's only a gram or two less and the calorie content is roughly the same. I'd rather go sparingly on the good stuff.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I use Simply Jiff-tastes great and has less sodium. Not sure on the fat though.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you think regular PNB sticks to the roof of your mouth, try the reduced fat version.... :grumble:
  • nschreib
    nschreib Posts: 3
    Options
    you should try "better n peanut butter"... it's only 100 calories for 2 tsbp (Instead of 190 in regular reduced fat pb) and it tastes just as good! it's a bit stickier...more like the peanut butter ice cream topping, but it tastes just the same on almost anything! it's hard to find, check the organic aisles at your grocery store, but it's worth it if you do!