New Support Group Starting 6/30/13

Options
Do you have at least 20 pounds to lose? Are you motivated and eager to motivate and support other women? Are you up for a little friendly competition? Then this might be the group for you!

A couple of other women and I are forming a new group to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journey. The group will be private and will remain small (about 20 people), so that everyone can feel comfortable to share anything related to weight loss or life in general.

Here are the guidelines:

* Weekly weigh ins- top 3 percentage losers will be announced.

*Weekly H.E.L.D. challenge- each week there will be goals to focus on. There will be a HYDRATION goal, an EXERCISE goal, a DIET goal and a LIFESTYLE/ personal wellness goal. Points can be earned for completing the goals. These challenges will run from Monday through Saturday. The member with the most points will choose the goals to focus on for the following week or pick another member to set the goals.
An example is: at least 64 oz of water
30 minutes of physical activity
eat at least 5 fruits and veggies
get at least 7 hours of sleep

* Weights and points must be submitted by Sunday at 5pm CST to be considered for the biggest loser list and the points challenge. This will allow the points winner enough time to post new goals before they begin on Monday.

*Participation is required. Please post AT LEAST weekly...brag about your accomplishments and/or let us help you with your struggles. Failure to check in, weigh in or attempt the challenges for three weeks in a row will result in removal from the group. Complacency is contagious and we want to remain strong as an entire team!

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please let me know and I will send you an invitation to the group!

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    Sounds good, I'm in. :smile:
  • Imara6mara
    Imara6mara Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new so this will be my first time - and your description sounds about my speed! Please count me in - thanks. :D
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would love to participate. I have almost exactly 20 pounds I want to lose, and I'm getting frustrated. I was not losing at all, then started to and got excited to see the scale finally moving down, then this week, it's gone up a pound, so I'm getting frustrated! But I'm trying not to get discouraged and stay with it. Any and all encouragement is welcome at this point, so a challenge like this sounds perfect!

Thanks,

Mona
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • MizzNaughty
    Options
    I am brand new here and I could really use an awesome challenge like this! I am in!
  • nettahoffin
    Options
    I have been doing this fitnesspal for 2wks today lost 4lbs last week weighin this morning lost 1lb I am 60yrs old and need to loose for heath reasons HELP
    NETTA
  • nora_tx
    nora_tx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • shimmer615
    shimmer615 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'd like to participate if there's still room! :smile:
  • ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    count me in :)
  • betsy179
    betsy179 Posts: 34
    Options
    If you still have room, I would like to join.
  • 19sherry58
    19sherry58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the challenge!
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    Would love to join in please! I really need a boot up the jacksy with my water and veggie intake :-)
  • Pipenny
    Pipenny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need the motivation!!!
  • mjegg
    mjegg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great group and I would love to join. :-)
  • Aquarius2242
    Options
    Can I join too? Sounds great
  • lippy12477
    lippy12477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining!
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    Please add me :)
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member