Peachtree

Options
Anyone running the Peachtree this year? This is my third year running it. I LOVE the PEACHTREE!! :) Hope to see you there!!

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Peachtrees? towers-dredd-590.jpg
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I ran it one time and said, "Never again". (That was when I was jogging and in shape) I did it just for the t-shirt. Maybe something like an extreme 90 day program will be my "Peachtree".
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I was so confused -

Peachtree is our accounting software we use at the office.

I guess I will need to google this, as I've never heard of it for fitness.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i thought this was about the other kind of peach tree. I really want one, I think I could eat half a tree's worth of peaches by myself.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I was so confused -

That's what I was thinking too. lol
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do Peachtree someday! You should come east and do Charleston's Cooper River Bridge Run sometime, too; it's a blast!

Have fun!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The Peachtree Road Race is held each year on the 4th of July in Atlanta.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first this year. I'm in start wave D.
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OMG...had some friends talking about the Cooper River run just this weekend. I will definitely do that. I love traveling for races and do so frequently.
  • squirrell79
    Options
    OMG...had some friends talking about the Cooper River run just this weekend. I will definitely do that. I love traveling for races and do so frequently.

You definitely should. It's a very well-executed race and almost as large as Peachtree, I think. We've done it twice and really enjoyed it -- ok, let me amend that. Our first one was 2012, and it was kind of miserable at the start because it was begun late. But this year's was flawless, and we shaved 13 minutes off our time.

Plus Charleston is just lovely to hang explore. There's a TON of great food. You can spend the weekend stuffing your face with food and then sort of roll home. :-)

And speaking of exploring, I'm looking to do the Savannah half marathon this fall. I've only visited Savannah once as a kid, and I'd love to see it up close.
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am running the Savannah RnR Half in November. It is sure to be a BLAST!!! :)
  • squirrell79
    Options
    I am running the Savannah RnR Half in November. It is sure to be a BLAST!!! :)

Awesome! Yeah, the RnR series are supposed to be really good (except for that one time in Vegas...). I'm excited to experience a nice flat course. My first half this past spring was lovely but the hills were quite unfriendly.
  • furryfeathers
    furryfeathers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I will be handing out water at the finish line.
    She is mentally challenged, and this is something she looks forward to for a month ahead of time.

Be sure to get there early because of the increased security.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am doing it for the second time this year. I only walk it though as my doctor will not let me run but walking it is still a challenge!
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh, cool! I'll be in Atlanta then. Of course, I'll be working (yes -- even on the 4th!), but I'll have to look up the times and see if I can catch it. :)
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well, nevermind -- I missed the registration window by a few months. :p
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was so confused -

That's what I was thinking too. lol

Yup, me too!
  • carleyrn
    carleyrn Posts: 1
    Options
    I am running it for the 6th year...this is the first year I am out of shape for it though. I've gained weight and am not running the miles I need to be. So I may have to walk some of it.
  • poolie727
    poolie727 Posts: 1
    Options
    For those that haven't heard of it, it's one of the countries largest 10k runs, held in Atlanta. I believe they cut off registration at 60k runners/walkers. I keep saying that I'm going to run it one of these years, but for now we usually take a couple of our retired racing greyhounds down to the sidelines and let them cheer on the runners.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I thought you meant the accounting software :laugh: :laugh: