Blister Remedies?

Options
I'm running a 5k this weekend, and ran my practice run this morning in the gym. The problem? Now I have a blister on my instep :grumble: . I have no idea how I got it, (I mean, obv, it's from rubbing, but why now?) My shoes aren't new, I've been wearing them for weeks!

Anybody have a good blister reliever remedy etc, that my blister will feel better by Sunday? I won't be able to give a good race as it stands now..... Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Just slap a band-aid on it and invest in some Body Glide (you can find it at most running and sporting goods stores). Good socks are a good idea too. But depending on how much you run, you're always going to have blisters. It's just part of the game.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Adding to what the PP said, I had found some active bandaids to stay on better, more flexible.

Also, you might want to check out some of the info on runnersworld.com They have a lot of good info there too for this type of stuff.

Good luck with the 5k!
  • lavender11
    lavender11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All I can think of is to make sure when you are in the house or without shoes that you take the plaster off. "Fresh" air always seems to make mine heal faster! xx

PS Good luck for your run!