High Calorie dinner?

Options
alethea88
alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
I try to eat healthy and low calories during breakfast and lunch. Is it ok to eat high calories dinner such as fried chicken, fried rice and dumpling... but I don't exceed my daily calories limit?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, 20lbs down and thats what I do. Low cal breaky and lunch so I can have a "normal" calorie dinner with my healthy weighted husband.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    totally.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Yup, 20lbs down and thats what I do. Low cal breaky and lunch so I can have a "normal" calorie dinner with my healthy weighted husband.
    tumblr_m6jlebqHk11qj9z2s_zpsc0ce3dae.gif
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok! That's what I've been doing and I've lost 20 pounds. I love my big dinner!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy and low calories during breakfast and lunch. Is it ok to eat high calories dinner such as fried chicken, fried rice and dumpling... but I don't exceed my daily calories limit?

In most cases, yes, it's fine. You should try to keep your macros (fats, carbs, proteins) reasonably balanced, but as long as you hit your calorie target you should continue making progress.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    In most cases, yes, it's fine. You should try to keep your macros (fats, carbs, proteins) reasonably balanced, but as long as you hit your calorie target you should continue making progress.

This ^^ A balanced diet is important, but when you eat the calories usually makes little difference.
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I always have doubts on this. Sometimes I have dinner with my family or friends so dinner usually is high in calories but I always keep my calories under my goal.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I try to have more of my eating happen after working out, which almost always translates into an evening ride followed by a couple drinks and carbs galore... and I'm losing without waking up dog tired.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of my calories come after 5 PM...usually around 1500 or so...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse than going to bed and feeling hungry!