hi my name is jen

Options
hiya my name is jennie feel free to add me :-) since 2010 i have lost 7 and a half stone at my heaviest i was 18 and a half stone i got down to 10 st 7 last year but then put 2 stone back on but im trying to get that off now i have already lost 17lb over the last 6 weeks just another stone to lose before my birthday on the 3/8 then maintain . i am finding this app very usefull it would be nice to get to know ppl who are using the app and have simalar sucess stories. :happy:

Replies

• lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    GREAT JOB! What are your workouts like?
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jen. Welcome aboard. One thing I really like about MFP si the personal accountability. I'm down 31 since I started a few months ago, and finding the right group of friends can be a very positive encouragement. Track everything here. Workouts, food diary, water and weight, and am constantly looking for ideas that will freshen up the "journey"
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    HI Jen. Congrats on your weight loss. I am American and get a little confused making the conversion from stone to pound. But even I know that is a lot of weight. I am using the MFP plan only. No diet pills or other junk. I have my weight loss set for 2 lbs a week and as of about two weeks ago had lost 13 lbs. I know this is a fast weight loss but this very normal for my body. When I initially start a diet from 10-15 pounds drop off immediately and then I settle into a normal weight loss pattern. Only once in my life a long time ago I found a diet that made me drop that much weight every week while eating normally. I was a fool and lost it. haha So now I will settle for the steady lifelong plan. I have been a roller coaster dieter most of my life and found the low sugar or sugar free diet to work best for me in the past. This is the first time I have ever tried a diet that didn't say you can't eat this or that. Of course while eating healthy I am talking about carbs, and sugars, potatoes and bread etc. I absolutely love MFP and the freedom it gives me to eat. Best of luck on your weight loss goal.
  • jennieren76
    jennieren76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hiya my workouts mainly revolve around swimming and walking i do also do just dance workouts on my wii and crunches and squats every other day i do between 80-100 lengths when i go swimming and i try to go at least 3 times a week :-)
  • jennieren76
    jennieren76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi steve and vivian nice to meet you i have cut out take outs,pastry, cakes, chocolate and if i drink alcohol i have swapped cider and wine etc for vodka and water lol i do treat myself to a kitkat at bedtime with a low cal choc drink or a glass of milk i just try to make sensible choices and not to pick inbetween meals i did slack off a little lately but im back into it again now tis difficult when you enjoy food as much as i do lol but i would rather feel good about the way i look than eat crap ;)