Anybody Else Looking to get Lean?

Options
I'm looking for people in my same boat. I have less than ten pounds to lose to get to my goal and am focusing more on eating healthy and getting lean. New to this and trying to find "friends" through MFP that can help with ideas and whom I can learn from.

Replies

• cuppycake22
    Options
    I am looking for the same thing! so bumping for responses :)
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Me me me!!! Same boat :flowerforyou:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Me too! <<<<<BUMP>>>>>
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey! :happy:

I am also fairly close to my weight goal...only around 2kg to go (think this is around 4.5lbs ish?) ...but would like some serious toning on the stomach area!!! :laugh:

Addicted to MFP so around everyday! Would be happy to be friends and support each other towards ripped, toned bodies!!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Bump. I want to know too!

I have a bit more to lose than you guys, about 15lb, but I really want to tone up as I lose these last few pounds as I lost a lot of weight before but was still left with a lot of excess skin.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Not sure you can learn anything from me but I joined MFP for much the same reasons as you. I met my first weight loss target then thought 'nah too much flab still' so lost a little bit more! I'm towards the lower end of healthy BMI now but still have areas I want to improve, so looking to tone rather than lose any more weight. Am happy to be friends for moral support :happy:
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    This is a great idea....**BUMP**
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm looking to do the same thing. I am about 1.5 pounds from my goal...and I'm really focusing on toning up. So glad to find others looking for the same thing!!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Me too! I've got 12 pounds to go to hit 126, really need all the motivation I can get!
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Count me in as well - I have reached my goal and not focusing on staying on track and getting toned!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Same boat!

I'm looking to lose 12lbs and tone tone tone!!:smile:
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    Me me me!
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm in the same place. I'm within 8 lbs of my original goal of 190. Once I get there, I'll decide if I want to lose more or not (translation: if my stomach is not completely flat by then, I'll want to lose 5 or so more). As I near my goal, I'm slowly shifting my workouts to a bit less cardio (duration-wise) and longer and more intense strength training. I'm definitely shifting my focus even more toward toning now that I have this wt loss thing mastered LOL. I've increased my cals recently also, mainly because each week, it seems I exercise a little more than the previous week and feel like I need the extra calories. It's been a pretty even trade off so far and I'm still losing just at a slightly slower, (and probably healthier), but steady pace.

Regarding eating healthy, well, by my standards, I'm eating pretty healthy. My fat and carb intake is really good on most days but, according to these boards, it's possible that I don't pay enough attention to the evils of sodium LOL even though I'm rarely over on my sodium for the day. Also, I don't think the processed food nazis (not trying to start a fight, just trying to be funny) would be too impressed that I eat one and occasionally two(shhhhhh) lean cuisine type frozen entrees on most weekdays but, I'm working on it, and I definitely eat more vegetables than ever. I'm getting there but I probably don't eat AS healthy as some on this site do.

Good luck to all of you. Congradulations on pulling off the wt. and taking steps to get fit.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm on the high end of the healthy BMI range for my height but I really want to get to the low end and be fit and lean, do a bit of toning :]
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Staying lean is my main focus since a big chunk of my income depends on it..add me if you'd like we can share tips! I post a great deal of workouts and tips, and I can always learn from others!
  • racmac
    racmac Posts: 81
    Options
    Please join me too! Im new to the site and only need to lose about 10 - 14 lbs and really want to stop the wobble.:laugh:

I dont have any friends yet :cry:
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too please! I've got 5 lbs to go, and looking to shed 3% body fat to get down to my goal of 21% body fat. Would love to "friend" some people who can help me with my resistance training. I'm so bored of my usual routine!
  • jsc74
    jsc74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes. :flowerforyou: I'm definitely looking to get leaner and more toned. I have 4lbs to go to reach my goal (I have lowered my goal weight several times now). But, if it takes a little more weight loss to achieve a lean and toned figure I will continue to lose. I love MFP. When I started on this site I was squuueeeezzzing into a size 16, now I'm in a confortable size 3.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the last 10 as well. I am really focusing on toning at the moment. So any tips are welcome! :drinker:
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have about 3-5 lbs left (depending on the day), I think I will decide to try to go for 5 more. but I really just want to find ways to look fit, and not flabby or skinny but thin and fit! :)