Just curious how many members have cheat days??

Options

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and like- while trying to stay at or near my calorie goals. It does take decisions and choices on a daily basis. That's the best way I can continue to incorporate my health goals into my lifestyle.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I don't have planned cheat days but I have life. Life gets in the way of sticking to calorie goals. I live with it, don't get to bothered by it and just get back the day after.
  • jack_yve
    jack_yve Posts: 35
    Options
    I had a cheat day that lasted a week for a destination wedding that somehow????? became a month+ of not being on my routine, at all. So...no...no more cheat days. I've gained back ALL the weight I had lost in the last month. I think it's better to just have a healthy treat every now and again that doesn't break my calorie max and since I've gotten the walking back on track my calorie allotment is almost twice what I eat when paying attention, anyway.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    We call them "refeeds", it's way sciencier.

Kidding! But kind of not. It's not a great idea to always eat at exactly the same deficit all the time, plus you tend to not get all the micronutrients you need when you subconsciously or otherwise avoid certain foods because they don't fit into your diet plan. It's a way of counteracting both those problems. I always have a refeed (or "cheat meal", if you must) after my hardest workout of the week, which just happens to be on Fridays so that's convenient for also having a social life.
  • toniettejones
    Options
    I have days when I eat over my calories, but I make sure I go work off the excess. I also have days in the week where I am under my goal so I think it balances out.
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This guy does. Cheat day Wednesday :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I don't ever have them intentionally, but I live my life and I like to eat, so sometimes that means I go over. I try not to worry about it, and I try to keep my good days out weighing my "bad" days.

This for me too. I also like a good glass of wine or a cocktail every couple days. :drinker:
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The wife and I have a regulare take away on a friday dinnertime, so I make sure I've done a good workout earlier in the day to offset as many calories as possible beforehand. That way I can eat whatever and not feel so guilty about it, well in theory anyway. What usually happens is I still order something pretty healthy off the menu.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I never have cheat days. If I want something yummy, I just work it into my goals for the day. Satisfies my craving, and my overall goals :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to 'Cheat' on
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I like mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat "meal"....one meal where I don't have to count my cals and can actually indulge! It hasn't screwed my progress up at all! :)
  • gbpckrs123
    Options
    I think its good to have cheat meals once in a while, just not frequently. I use my exercise calories to "cheat" a tiny bit on some days. I'm trying to learn to eat like this the rest of my life and you're not being realistic if you don't splurge every now and then.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a reward meal. It's not a cheat meal. I reward myself with a meal for doing well all week.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i have one cheat meal a week. (give or take) where we go full on, no holds barred, skies the limit, drinks, dessert, nothing is off limits!! I log it close as possible but we typically go to a fancier restaurant and the exact items are in the database so I do my best, make a note and get up the next day and am back on track!
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I actually don't plan cheat days but I've got so much crap going on that I have at least 1 every 2 weeks, but more likely 1 a week. Dinner w/friends, drinks, birthdays, family gatherings, work potlucks, etc. Never fails so I just plan for the unexpected.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The only person I am cheating is myself....

But seriously - if you want something; have it. I have had three months of tracking constantly and being either on or under my calorie goal (I do eat exercise calories back, although not all). This week, whilst I haven't been to the gym, I have been constantly on the go moving house - I'm damn sure that I deserve a REWARD for that (scrubbing mould is NOT fun, no matter how OCD you are!).

Some people have these kind of meals once a week, especially if they work out hard and often. Some people have them once a month. Some people don't have them at all. It is entirely up to you and what works with your lifestyle - if you can stick a day where you say "Right, I'm going to eat something I fancy and LOG IT" then I don't see the problem. It didn't take you one day to get bigger, in the same way it doesn't take one day to lose weight. Denying yourself something you crave is more likely to break your resolve, so enjoy whatever it is you want in moderation and good luck :) x

EDIT - I didn't lose 82lbs in 4 months btw!!!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I eat at maintenance level as a cheat. As long as I don't gain, I don't care.
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have cheat meals. I dont have them often and I dont allow X amount a month. Its just when there is something I really really want that I havent had in a while I will treat myself to it.
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options
    Cheat days can help with plateaus