Where does one go for BMR/RMR testing?

Options
Phrick
Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
I am curious for my actual numbers but don't know where to get started to pursue testing to find out. Any advice?

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The University in my city does it.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I went to a really nice hospital-affiliated health club to have it done. There's also a college that does it near me, as well. I just found it by Googling and sifting through results until I found a couple of places.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can try a weight loss center in your area? Or a lab where they do blood tests? Maybe a gym? Not too sure on that. Sorry :/
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I've heard some fitness centers have them but everyone I know who have had theirs tested went to their doc.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple hydrostatic body composition tests done and BMR/RMR was part of the test. I think the figures were fairly accurate as it was interesting to see my BMR increase as my LBM increased.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Google "Weight Loss Clinic" in your area. They have awesome machines that measure EVERYTHING.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The YMCA has a program called New Leaf that has you do some things to get the results for that. $100-$150 I believe.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Google your home town and bariatrics, or dietician, or wellness centers, or local college. You should find something among these.