Options
Hello everyone! My name is Megan and I am 28, almost 29 years old. I have been married for 7 years and have a 16 month old son. I am a high school English teacher and am tired of kids making fun of my weight, i.e. my big butt.

I have struggled with hypothyroidism for the past 10 years and weigh 200 lbs. I have difficulty losing weight and have tried everything from Weight Watchers to the Hollywood Diet. My endo has just switched up my meds ( 112 mg synthroid, 5 mg cyntex, Vitamin D and B-12) and even prescribed my phentermine (which I don't want to take) to help me get a jump start. I don't want to take pills so I tried them for two days and hated how I feel. I have started a food diary and am working towards eating 1500 calories a day.

Just need some encouragement and a place to vent. I hope I can find it here :)

Replies

• kariweighsin
    kariweighsin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for both encouragement and motivation. It is also a great outlet to vent because everyone here is going through the same thing, looking to lose weight. Feel free to add me!
  • dngoins
    dngoins Posts: 20
    Options
    I also take synthroid but a low dose everyday along with 50,000 iu of Vitamin D a week and B-12. A few months ago I started an 1800 calorie diet on my own and lost 14 lbs in 2 months, but I could not get motivated. Both my doctors recommended nothing less than 1800 calories and i'm over 200 lbs. I dance as my exercise and when I weighed this morning I had lost another lb without trying. I have never been this big in my life and I don't like it. Motivation is what I really need, that's why I joined MFP. Good luck to you!!!
  • honeymoonmamma
    Options
    Hi Megan. I'm a 37 year old woman with a 16 month old son and a husband. I work full time as a nurse. I've never been at my goal weight, but over the past several years I somehow gained about 40 lbs. Seriously it seems like the weight just appeared. When my support big scrub top was too small I started cutting back on portion sizes and was more mindful of what I put in my mouth. My husband and I finally booked our honeymoon (a couple years after we got married) and that was the motivation I needed to get more serious about weight loss. We leave for Jamaica on Sept 1st and my big goal is to lose 30 lbs by that date. I need to lose more than than 30, but I'd be thrilled if I got that goal.

After 3 weeks I'm down 8lbs, so I'm on track fo first goal but I'm starting to lose steam and could definitely use a weight loss buddy to.
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan! MFP is the right place to be! You will find lots of encouragement...feel free to vent and logging everything you eat and do will for sure keep you accountable and the next thing you know, you are feeling great and proud of your accomplishments! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    you've came to the right spot! Feel free to add me! I'm on here all the time and I open my diary to the public.