30-day shred advice/tips

Options
Hello~

My hubby and I are going to start on Monday and for those that have gone thru this already - did you do anything in addition to the daily workouts (like cardio and additional weights) or just the 20-min workout? I'm trying to figure out a daily schedule and thought I would ask on here...

Thanks! :)

Replies

• VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usually do just the Shred every day, but sometimes I go for a walk in the evening or do some light yoga later in the day. On weekends I do a distance walk in addition to the shred (~8 miles). After doing the shred, I usually don't have enough energy to do anything else, and it gets my heart rate up higher than any other cardio I do and the strength training parts make my muscles feel like jelly. I can't imagine doing additional weights afterward.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I do the shred every evening, and I also do couch to 5k 3 mornings a week. Lately I have also been going on a brisk walk for my lunch break also. I split it all up throughout the day though so its completely manageable.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I tried to incorporate some form of cardio along with the shred. Some days that was tae bo, some days it was tennis, and some it was a run!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Shred this afternoon for the first time :) I also just started training for my first 5K two weeks ago and plan on keeping up with that-but right now I'm only running about a half a mile so nothing too crazy yet!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    When I did it, I did not do any additional exercise other than the sports I play.
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I usually do an additional workout. It can be either yoga, JM's six week abs, Zumba, or a jog.
  • JodiWeakland
    Options
    Thanks, everyone... I usually do spinning on Sat/Sun and will keep doing cardio during my lunch hour Mon-Fri... I haven't decided whether to do it first thing in the am or later in the pm (have a little one so I have work around his awake/bedtime)... :)