Sometimes I feel the need to...

Options
Ok, so I don't actually do this because I'm pretty sure I'd scare the bejeezus out of whoever I did this to, but every time I see a runner on the side of the road as I drive by I want to roll down my window and cheer them on.... same with those who are walking and clearly pushing themselves. Me personally, as a runner I would actually enjoy it if someone rolled down their window and honked the horn and yelled encouragement to me... just don't slow down as then I'd think you were going to attack me. haha! Anyone else have this strange compulsion?

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't say it is every time. But every once in a while when you see someone maybe pushing through, or struggling a bit I totally want to cheer them on!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    as a runner and cyclist... please don't freaking ever do that.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh.....I run.....please never do that to anyone!!!!!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have said out loud, Good for you GIRL and wanted to cheer too. I am envious of runner as I have been told NO MORE RUNNING, due to a back issue.
    :o(
  • Summerxx13
    Summerxx13 Posts: 22
    Options
    I live in the middle of the country. Some country back roads are so empty you could literally lay down in the middle of the road without fear of being run over (I'd know, I've done it haha). But if you do happen to come in contact with other humans while taking a walk down these country roads, you'll most likely see a runner or biker.

Recently I went for a walk with two of my friends. There was a group of about 10 bikers in the front, about 10 more shortly behind them, and a couple stragglers in the back. As I saw the group of bikers coming, I started clapping and cheering for them. The first group went by and kind of gave me a strange look. As did my friends. But by the time the second group came my friends joined me in cheering them on. We shouted things like "You're doing great! Keep going!" "You can do it!" Some bikers ignored us, others actually cracked a smile. We gave extra cheers and clapping for those few bikers trying to catch up.

Sometimes I'm a little hesitant to cheer others on. The last thing I want is to embarrass them or annoy them. But most of the time I'll say, oh what the heck, and cheer them on. I
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As a runner I have NO problem encouraging other runners from my car or the street! Anytime I see someone trying to improve their live through exercise I want to do a happy dance and cheer them on!. Often runners will pass each other, thumbs up or wve...just acknowledging the effort.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    Every time I see a person running or cycling on the white line I just want to run them over, stop, backup over them, and do a burnout on their face as I say use the middle of the shoulder.