Forever 21 Plus Size Clothes

Options
allifantastical
allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
Hi!

Has anyone shopped from Forever 21 plus online before? Right now a lot of my clothes are baggy and it's hard to find cheap plus sized clothes. I get so nervous about buying it online.

Just wanting to know if anyone has any feedback. Do the sizes run small?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not plus-size, but I bought a dress from the online store that fell apart the first time I washed it. I have never had that issue with clothes I bought in the store.

Good luck!
  • curvygirlfe
    Options
    It depends on the material. I have shopped there and where one shirt/pants fits me great, the others in the same size fits me super tight.
    They do have cute selections though!
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do run small. Size up.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Eh I would suggest Maurices personally. I like their stuff.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

The shirt I have in my profile pic is Maurices. I love their stuff but they are similar to Torrid price wise. I'm too big of a cheapskate to spend $40 on a t-shirt. Forever 21 caught my eye because their stuff is $12 for a t-shirt. But you get what you pay for. :bigsmile:
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Pretty much you get what you pay for. If you want clothes for cheap shop goodwill or garage sales. You hopefully won't be in them long enough to get your money out of it.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have been buying everything at Kohl's and then returning it as I shrink out of it.... those suckers!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love 21, but haven't purchased from them online (yet). I agree that it depends on the material whether or not you'll have to size up or not.
  • chels1676
    chels1676 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love their plus size line. The store in my area now carries plus size so I'm very happy about that. I would say order what you want in 2 different sizes as there clothing tend to run a little different depending on make. This way you can send back what you don't need.
  • fighting4life
    Options

Agreed. I have bought from Maurices online and have awesome experience. Plus, you can take them back to the store for exchange/return.
  • nuttinbutsuga
    nuttinbutsuga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Be careful with F21 and Torrid. They're clothes are cool but somewhat pricy for the quality. I only get things on sale or clearance. U should also look into www.10dollarmall.com, www.debshops.com, www.rainbowshops.com, and www.599fashion.com. They have trendy plus sized clothing and are dirt cheap....but the quality is pretty good. :happy:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Old Navy.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Their clothes are cheap, but I shop there because I don't fit in my clothes very long these days ^_^ So I don't get overly upset as I am growing smaller from tops I just bought 3 weeks ago. The plus sizes run normal from what I can tell - jeans slightly larger than other places, I bought jeans and shirts from their "plus size" area when I wore those sizes.
  • nuttinbutsuga
    nuttinbutsuga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have no problem walkin abround nakey but whoever wrote that may have a heart attack and die. :laugh: :tongue: :ohwell:
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    They have cute and stylish clothes, but they are not true to size, even with the size chart. My suggestion is to look in-store first if one is near you. Everything I have ordered has been a disappointment fit wise. I would go up a size if you order online. All else fails these items sell very well on eBay. Ask me how I know LOL
  • jryepan
    jryepan Posts: 36
    Options
    The only things I've ordered from F21+ are dresses and they've been a hit with me :D

Tip about the sizing= if the dress seems structured with no stretch DEFINITELY size up. but if it's stretchy or has at least some stretch they're pretty true to size.
    Hope that helped!
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try Romanns, its online...They have AWESOME clearance and specials!! (But be warned...some of the clothing is hideous, lol..)
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about Forever 21's plus size clothing as well. I'm a size 12/14. I get most of my clothes at Target, H&M or Old Navy. Torrid was my store of choice until they started raising the price and lowering the quality of their jeans. BTW, I will not pay $38 for a tank top. Pssssh ....
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I love their jeans not the best quality for the price they are just great. I used to be a 22/24 and the smallest size they have in jeans is a 20 and they were the first 20 I bought and love them and they are big so I am about to buy a 18. Their shirts I don't really like because they are pretty short. And I love their dress too but sometimes it's really hit and miss.

Sometimes I think they make their "regular" size clothes in just bigger measurement without the plus size girl in mind. Like I don't know about you but I don't think very many plus size girls like to show bare mid-drift.

Also to add this their undershirts and great for the price but don't dry them!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I second buying clothes at secondhand stores. You can buy so much for your money & if you grow out of something quickly you didn't spend a fortune. One thrift store had a sale that everything $6.00 & under was a $1.25 & anything over was half off. I bought around six to seven bags of clothes for $82.00.